U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2011, 11:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,515 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old female who is looking to relocate to NC and need suggestions on areas to move to. I am looking for a place with a large population, safe, affordable and who has a great city life for individuals in their 20's. I have lived in NY for my entire life and am looking for some change. Please help? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 AM

21,094 posts, read 23,825,641 times
Raleigh, Greensboro, Charlotte....not quite as big as the Apple, but as big as they come here in NC!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM

1,500 posts, read 2,348,148 times
Out of the other 49 states, why have you chosen NC? That reason will help us narrow down what would be a good fit.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:20 AM

10,389 posts, read 19,358,346 times
Yes, as yellowbelle says, what has made NC attractive for you, yet you don't seem to know about any of the cities within? Usually people are drawn to a particular city for X, Y, and Z amenities, not to a whole state (especailly one as diverse as NC). We have mountains, Piedmont, and coast. We have "out in the sticks" rural and big-skyscraper urban, and everything in between. We have radical flaming liberal areas and bedrock conservative areas.

You'll need to ask more specific questions than "where should I move to?" Have you done any research on the different areas of the state at all? (If not, I'm not sure how you picked this state?)

Here is City-Data's page on NC info. Each city/town over 6000 has a link to a wealth of information. Maybe that can help you narrow things down, then you can ask more targeted qquestions about the places that look interesting.

Where will you be working? Be sure to get a good feel for NC's unemployment rates and competition for jobs in your industry as you consider various cities.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:08 AM

76 posts, read 83,353 times
we came straight to charlotte. and loved it ever since. about 4/5 times a week, i tell my husband we get to live here...we get to live here....!!!

charlotte is HUGE!!!! raleigh is also pretty, so ive heard. we have been to moresville, hickory, statesville, shelby, huntersville. all nice places, but we decided to live in charlotte.

we relocated from detroit, so the places outside the city were smaller and more easier to get to know, but charlotte was where the jods were and ample houseing.

before you come down check out CHEAP APTS/STUDIOS/EFFICENCYS IN CHARLOTTE NC. we got a very nice listing and good price ranges.

also charlotte is beautiful, and still growing. we noticed it was like new york, you know how new york has little areas with everything you need in 1/2 mile radius? well charlotte is just like that to. in our area there is a wlamart, a harris-teeter [grocery store] 2 post offices about 4 schools, 4/5 gas stations, a nice park, a libary, a chiness food place, a pizza place...just to name some stuff.

oh and the busses actually run on time and are clean and have A/C and heat!!!! and you should check out the train.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:19 AM

21,094 posts, read 23,825,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanne59 View Post
I am a 25 year old female who is looking to relocate to NC and need suggestions on areas to move to. I am looking for a place with a large population, safe, affordable and who has a great city life for individuals in their 20's. I have lived in NY for my entire life and am looking for some change. Please help? Thank you!

Except for the safety and affordability issue, aren't you really looking for NY, but in a different package??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina