Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:15 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times

Advertisements

I recently moved to Stanly county NC from CA. Soon my two grown children, their spouses and two grandchildren will be coming to visit. My grandbabies are 3 years and 4 years old. Sure could use some great suggestions as to where to take them. Doesn't have to be in Stanly county...don't mind driving. I would like this to be a fun time for the whole family. Both of my children are in their mid-twenties as are their husband/wife. I miss them so much and would really love for this to be that "quality" time since we no longer have that quantity time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I recently moved to Stanly county NC from CA. Soon my two grown children, their spouses and two grandchildren will be coming to visit. My grandbabies are 3 years and 4 years old. Sure could use some great suggestions as to where to take them. Doesn't have to be in Stanly county...don't mind driving. I would like this to be a fun time for the whole family. Both of my children are in their mid-twenties as are their husband/wife. I miss them so much and would really love for this to be that "quality" time since we no longer have that quantity time.
Hi, this was on another thread, but just in case you didn't see it - consider taking them to the Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville - kids that age love it!

Lazy5Ranch (http://www.lazy5ranch.com/services.htm - broken link)

Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM

I did see that...and that's where I got the idea of asking people here on this forum who have lived here. And that is going to be on my list of places to take them, Lazy 5 Ranch.. I am looking at trying to put together of at least a week of things to do, go, and see. The more ideas the better. And most of the places I have found on my own I have just stumbled across. It seems people from here would know other out of the way places I possibly wouldn't find for years!! Thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Old 07-19-2007, 11:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I agree with LovesMountain recomindation it not to far from your location. If it was me during the summer I would go in the morning to avoid the heat even though most of Lazy5 is covered with trees. Then maybe go to Concord Mills afterwards and take them to Dean & Busters Dave & Busters :: Play Games Page or FYE Game Room

Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I did see that...and that's where I got the idea of asking people here on this forum who have lived here. And that is going to be on my list of places to take them, Lazy 5 Ranch.. I am looking at trying to put together of at least a week of things to do, go, and see. The more ideas the better. And most of the places I have found on my own I have just stumbled across. It seems people from here would know other out of the way places I possibly wouldn't find for years!! Thanks for any and all suggestions!!
Another fun thing to do is to head to Emerald Point Waterpark in Greensboro - not a bad drive for you. The wave pool and kiddie splash areas would be fun for the grands while their parents could have a few turns on the big water slides. Wet 'n Wild Emerald Pointe :: Attractions

Old 07-19-2007, 01:06 PM

I'm writing all of this down---and thank you ever so much for all the good ideas. I just talked to my daughter and they hope to come out at the end of Sept. and hopefully stay TWO weeks. I am so excited. Now I need to buy beds for the adult children and beds for the grandbabies. I'm still in the middle of remodeling our home we just bought but having them visit is top priority!! These all sound like great ideas!!

Old 07-19-2007, 01:23 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
The Carowinds theme park is fun (especially for the kids). Here's the page that has the Nickelodeon attractions:

Carowinds | North and South Carolina's Themed Amusement Park

Old 07-19-2007, 01:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I thought about recomending carowinds but I dont know if that is best place for a 3 year old. The amount of rides would be very limited due to height restrictions.
I was also asssuming that they are coming down in the summer and the heat would be too much for the little ones

Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 PM

My grandson, the 3 year old, is very small for his age too. Are all the rides and such limited to height? Would it still be as hot as now in the last part of Sept.? It's still a good idea we can look into. These are all such good ideas...I am thrilled!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:14 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,937,717 times
Well I don't know about the other areas but in the kiddie section there are the height restrictions (as far as being under a certain height). There are some shows that take place throughout the day and evening, too- like the Dora the Explorer show and I think they had an ice skating show, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina