Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2011, 02:41 PM

436 posts, read 1,522,782 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to ft. bragg soon and I was looking at the hope mills area. How is it there? How are the schools? We are looking at renting a house. Any areas to stay away from? Is it too far from the base?

I've been researching the area online and I am getting mixed reviews. It seems that the crime rate is rather large for a town with such a small population. The info I'm finding is a little dated (from 2009) so I'd like to hear from people who live/have lived in the town itself.

Any other info on the area would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 06:27 PM

67 posts, read 285,305 times
Not a bad place to live. The good ol' boys run the town, and don't do a very good job of it (just look at Hope Mills 'Lake'). The schools are pretty good, especially Baldwin and Rockfish Elementary. The middle schools have their problems, but Hope Mills isn't alone on that.
There are plenty of rental homes in the area for a decent price. Stay away from the area around 301 (drugs).

Old 01-09-2012, 05:15 PM

95 posts, read 227,989 times
Up...

Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,983,419 times
I lived in Southview area of Hope Mills for four years while stationed at Pope. Once I retired I moved across I-95 to Grays Creek. I like the Hope Mills side of town there are plenty of rentals to choose from. Brookshire or Acorn Ridge are two neighborhoods that comes to mind. We has sold several homes in both and we had a few buyer who had rented their homes after they PCSed.

I don't manage rentals so I am neutral on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina