U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 AM

212 posts, read 272,229 times

Advertisements

A good friend of mine who lives in Edenton needs surgery to remove a tumour sometime between mid-March and early-April. We are desperately looking for someone who can pick him up in Edenton and drop him off in Greenville and then do the return journey a day or two later. He is unable to drive himself for obvious reasons and no one else is coming to their aid, hence why I am posting here.

If you are able to do this, or know someone who can do this, please get in touch - Either comment here, PM me or email me ladyofelysium[at]gmail.com.

Thank you! x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 AM

5,845 posts, read 5,795,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbird View Post
A good friend of mine who lives in Edenton needs surgery to remove a tumour sometime between mid-March and early-April. We are desperately looking for someone who can pick him up in Edenton and drop him off in Greenville and then do the return journey a day or two later. He is unable to drive himself for obvious reasons and no one else is coming to their aid, hence why I am posting here.

If you are able to do this, or know someone who can do this, please get in touch - Either comment here, PM me or email me ladyofelysium[at]gmail.com.

Thank you! x
I am sorry that you have not had a reponse on the forum, maybe you have received a direct message.

If your friend is on Medicare or Medicaid, I believe he can get free transportation to and from the hospital through them. Please have him check into it. The Red Cross also has drivers who do that service as well.
Hope this helps and that your friend recovers fully.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,288,347 times
You could also contact the hospital. They should be able to help you with available transportation options.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:06 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,537,726 times
Sorry, I am between Greensboro and Raleigh, my gas back and forth would be expensive

Old 03-05-2011, 07:33 AM

5,845 posts, read 5,795,967 times
Most towns and cities have a "Dept. of Elderly Affairs" or a seniors help center (if he is a senior, we don't know) that can provide assistance or direct him to some assistance. We hope there is someone over there who would help this poor soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina