U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM

9 posts, read 32,119 times

Advertisements

So I am looking for a good Restaurant to go to in a good City. I dont want anything fancy, more that hole in the wall restraunt. We have not been to a good southern restuant in the south, We make better fried chicken in Montana. although I dont think i have been thoughly impressed with any restruant here, once again I am not looking for fancy just good. It would also be nice if it was in a city that we could spend some time in...something with lots of intriging shops. We don't drink so not looking for the party scene. We like bookstores. We have been to Asheville, didnt like so much, been to the coast...to much of a party scene. We liked New Burns and Lexingtons downtown there just wasnt much of it. We live in Fayettville. We went to quite a few if not all the used book stores in Cary, Raligh and ate at a Ethepion Restraunt that was....interesting. We go to a Cabin that we love in Asheboro but havnt found much that the town has to offer. The Best southern Restraunt that we have been to was in Tiptonville Tennesee and it was Boyette's Dining Room, had a all you could eat fish fry with like three different fixings. Well anywise I hope you get the Idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 08:32 AM

34,513 posts, read 28,812,217 times
No wonder you hate it here.

1) You live in Fayetteville
2) You've already decided that everything out West is better than here.

I'm not sure I could make a suggestion that would satisfy you unless it was located in Montana.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:40 AM

9 posts, read 32,119 times
Nah... Just give me something to like! Give me what North Carolina has to offer also I only gave one thing that was better in Montana so I dont know where you got that impression and the other places i described were the south???. . I probally need to go Back to Raleigh we were only there one day. I liked Andersonville in Ga... I liked Richmond VA alot. Carytown in Richmond was wonderful, and lots of History. Loved the Confederalist Museum. I love the Special Forces Museum here in Fayetteville, and Fayettville has a growing downtown. Like if your in Fayettville for Lunch go to Mcduffs Tea room or The New Deli...Wonderful.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 AM

34,513 posts, read 28,812,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by addiepeas View Post
Nah... Just give me something to like! Give me what North Carolina has to offer also I only gave one thing that was better in Montana so I dont know where you got that impression and the other places i described were the south???. . I probally need to go Back to Raleigh we were only there one day. I liked Andersonville in Ga... I liked Richmond VA alot. Carytown in Richmond was wonderful, and lots of History. Loved the Confederalist Museum. I love the Special Forces Museum here in Fayetteville, and Fayettville has a growing downtown. Like if your in Fayettville for Lunch go to Mcduffs Tea room or The New Deli...Wonderful.
I dunno how you drive around Fayetteville. I'd give you a medal for that. I've always hated driving in Fayetteville.

Do come back to Raleigh. There are some great restaurants downtown. You could try The Pit if you like BBQ, or just around the corner there's Humble Pie if you like tapas. Actually, the best thing there might be the Sunday brunch. Tasty!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 AM

6,196 posts, read 14,200,491 times
Explore Raleigh's museums: Raleigh Museums | Exciting Museums in Raleigh, NC | visitRaleigh.com

Try Clyde Cooper's BBQ downtown, too. Definitely a hole in the wall, and it's been there forever. Not open on Sundays. Doesn't accept credit cards (according to what I read online): 109 E Davie St
Raleigh, NC 27601
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina