Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support same-sex marriage in North Carolina?
Yes 54 65.85%
No 28 34.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 03:23 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,094,205 times

Advertisements

Yes or No.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,901,442 times
IMO ... The gov't shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, other than to state a minimum age. Same-sex, different-sex, plural marriage... it's none of their business what consenting adults do.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbelle View Post
IMO ... The gov't shouldn't be involved in marriage at all, other than to state a minimum age. Same-sex, different-sex, plural marriage... it's none of their business what consenting adults do.

So very true...unfortunately not everyone has the same rights and privileges unless thay are married..so yes, I support ANY MARRIAGE between 2 consenting adults in any state, county or city..

Old 03-06-2011, 07:20 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Quote:
Plural marriage is an issue for government because it more often than not involves welfare fraud.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:01 AM

63 posts, read 208,492 times
Quote:
Oh, so consenting adults ought to be able to kill, steal, rape, defraud, speed the highways, drive drunk...

Like I've said before, homosexuality is a moral issue, not a civil rights issue.

It is morally wrong to engage in homosexual behaviour. Therefore it should be illegal.

Chris

Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comitatus1 View Post
Oh, so consenting adults ought to be able to kill, steal, rape, defraud, speed the highways, drive drunk...

Like I've said before, homosexuality is a moral issue, not a civil rights issue.

It is morally wrong to engage in homosexual behaviour. Therefore it should be illegal.

Chris

If you believe in the good book, it is also wrong to mix fibers in your clothes...polyester would be morally wrong...

There are like 641 laws in the old testament (the only place homosexuality is mentioned) and most are "reprehensible to the Lord" and I truly doubt ANYONE is following any 20 of them let alone all 641...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 PM

29 posts, read 49,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by comitatus1 View Post

Chris
I agree 100%. They shouldn't be able to marry. They are living a sick and perverted lifestyle. I pray to God that this state never allows it.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM

68 posts, read 118,388 times
I think the gay debate is muted in North Carolina. How many times does the republicans bring the issue of gays without any intentions on giving rights yet tightening them? (Happy International Women's Day to all the women out there)

You usually don't hear gays without the issue of guns...

I mean I don't understand how other people's decision affect your life directly.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:30 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,393,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieMan'61 View Post
I agree 100%. They shouldn't be able to marry. They are living a sick and perverted lifestyle. I pray to God that this state never allows it.

ha ha. Some people are very ignorant that I can't tell if they are being sarcastic or if they are being serious.

If you're being sarcastic, I'm sorry for saying you're ignorant. My sarcastic meter is bad. If you're being serious, well then. You're only helping my cause.

Keep going on. Don't worry. The South will Rise again and Neo Nazi's will take back over America and gays wont be living their sick and perverted lifestyles. Soon you'll get be able to lynch all the gays, blacks, murders, Muslims, and all people who defy your personal faith and ethnic dislikes. Just keep saying that to yourself over and over again and maybe it'll come true....

God bless everyone and I hope all people - no matter what - live a good long life. Whether you're gay, straight, Christian, or Muslims. Do whatever makes you happy and brings happiness to others. And to those of you who do not support gay marriage due to religious conflicts, I respect you for that. May God Bless you all.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,015 times
who am i to tell someone (anyone) who they can or cant marry. long as it doesnt hurt anyone else, do what you want and be happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina