Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 06:38 PM

693 posts, read 2,176,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperwx View Post
Forgive me for being ignorant, I'm not a transplant. What is the most humane way to euthanize the thousands of strays that end up in shelters across the state?
Injection of an overdose of a sedative like ketamine is the most humane way to euthanize. It is fast and painless. I don't advocate euthansia, but if its going to be done we as humans, should be humane about it.

Also a state sponsored "spay/neuter-release program" would within a short period of time all but eliminate the problem of feral cats and make euthanization unnecessary.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,575 times
thats interesting. i observe the same conditions all around the south east. I will say if you love animals then you should realize that the care takers of such animals are uneducated. But dont say that its a nc problem, thats unfair and bias. Look around the stats from around the nation.
thank you,
trash

Old 12-02-2007, 10:39 PM

58 posts, read 229,143 times
I see nothing wrong with the chaining of dogs, and I really get fired up and upset whenever someone argues with some of my friends for chaning up their dogs. Let your dog run away, and get hit, then you will see why you need to chain a dog. It does not hurt them, and there is certain scenarios that dogs need to be chained. Its not a NC thing either, i have seen it everywhere.

People also complain about shocking your dogs during hunting. When you dont shock your dog, they wander off into nowhere, sometimes crossing others property. People get mad when someones huntin' dogs get in their property. If you dont want to lose your dogs hunting, shocking is necessary.

I guess though, because I live in the south and live in a state thats percieved as a republican state(we actually have a democrat govenor), then I must be just like Micheal Vick.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isis297 View Post
Imagine being suffocated and it taking a very long time...that's probably a good metaphor. The shot is instant...they give the shot and the animal dies. End of suffering. The gas chamber is extremely inhumane.

actually, the shot is not instant or painless. the "shot" is actually an IV drip that first paralyzes the body, which makes the lungs shut down so that the animals [or people in the case of lethal injection in prisons] slowly start to suffocate before their brain actually shuts off completely. they can still feel everything but they cannot speak or move, then they just completely stop breathing after about ten to fifteen minutes of struggle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina