U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-26-2007, 01:01 PM

22 posts, read 58,757 times

Advertisements

So what do you guys think? What is the better investment area? My current price limit is 250k.

I am visiting in a couple of weeks and will explore all of them, but I am partial to the Tega Cay area (at least from what I have read.) It looks like the area for the best "life style".

Houses in the 250 range don't seem to come with much land or trees in the Charlotte area, while the lot sizes seem a little larger and more wooded up north.

It looks like Charlotte is really on the verge of exploding, which can be good or bad. More people = more congestion, more roads, more schools, higher taxes, but higher real estate prices eventually.

...etc...

Opinions, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 PM

22,065 posts, read 40,041,054 times
Depends on who you are catering to. Any area is good due to NC housing market has remain stable. 250k will get you a decent home probably on small lot in raliegh and charlotte area and the triad it will get you a decent size house with a nice size yard but slower appreciation than the other two.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:46 PM

44 posts, read 132,019 times
I would say the Triangle myself

Old 08-04-2007, 01:55 PM

105 posts, read 286,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Depends on who you are catering to. Any area is good due to NC housing market has remain stable. 250k will get you a decent home probably on small lot in raliegh and charlotte area and the triad it will get you a decent size house with a nice size yard but slower appreciation than the other two.
This is true.

We really love the Triangle....I suggest thoroughly looking in to it!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM

310 posts, read 737,309 times
Another vote for the Triangle area.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM

22 posts, read 58,757 times
Thanks for the replies. So nobody thinks Tega Cay is the next hot thing?

Old 08-29-2007, 01:30 PM

2 posts, read 3,131 times
Default Not necessarily

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeOutOfNY View Post
Thanks for the replies. So nobody thinks Tega Cay is the next hot thing?
No, unfortunately the prices of homes in the communities around lakes have skyrocketed both in the North and South Carolina. I just moved from a lake community in South Carolina to the Burlington, NC area three months ago and I have noticed this in both states. It seems to be more of a trend to have overpriced lakefront property in South Carolina though.

Also, in terms of Tega Cay, it is going to become one of the many suburbs that feed into Charlotte every day which will increase the traffic even more. I have to say that Charlotte has the worst traffic of any city in the state followed by Greensboro then the Triangle. The only thing keeping traffic from being better in the Triad is getting the Urban Loop built.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 PM

548 posts, read 1,585,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeOutOfNY View Post
So what do you guys think? What is the better investment area? My current price limit is 250k.

I am visiting in a couple of weeks and will explore all of them, but I am partial to the Tega Cay area (at least from what I have read.) It looks like the area for the best "life style".

Houses in the 250 range don't seem to come with much land or trees in the Charlotte area, while the lot sizes seem a little larger and more wooded up north.

It looks like Charlotte is really on the verge of exploding, which can be good or bad. More people = more congestion, more roads, more schools, higher taxes, but higher real estate prices eventually.

...etc...

Opinions, please?
Triangle. This is where I am putting my investment money

Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM

2,357 posts, read 375,927 times
I'm no expert, but my amateur opinion is to go with the Triad. Charlotte and the Triangle have both been growing by leaps and bounds in recent years, while the Triad has seen moderate growth.

So from the perspective of "buy low, sell high", it seems that the Triad has the best potential as an investment. All three areas will probably continue to grow, but I can't picture Charlotte and the Triangle growing any faster than they already are. IMO, you are more likely to find a bargain in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or High Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina