Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:55 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
The left lane is for passing. If you aren't passing, why linger?
If traffic is light enough, I'm in the right lane because it is safer, if I'm in the left lane it is either because I am passing, or traffic is heavy enough that both lanes are necessary for the traffic flow.

If it inconveniences you, which in reality will be only to crush your ego of being the most important person on the road, well tough, you are special, just like everyone else.

OBTW, it is legal to pass on the right, if you can't control your emotions or ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 08:01 PM

499 posts, read 1,527,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Whats wrong with you passing on the right. There no law or signs except a few areas in Mountains if they are doing speed limit then they have every right to be in left lane as much as you do.
Sad......very sad.....learn to drive.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:08 PM

499 posts, read 1,527,992 times
Quote:
I BEG you! Get out of the left lane. If you are passing…fine. Otherwise, please! Get back to the right lane. This is the most idiotic, frustrating thing I have ever had to witness.

PS—It would not kill you to use a blinker every once in awhile, either.

Love,
me
Good post BTW!

This is a BIG problem when traffic is only mildly congested. It's usually country bumpkins or senior citizens with all the time in the world to get to where they are going.

Also the audacity (and ignorance) of some folks merging into the freeway who seem to think that they have right-of-way and don't have to yield!
I've seen folks almost get hit because some jerk doesn't understand the concept of merging into traffic.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:15 PM

164 posts, read 357,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If it inconveniences you, which in reality will be only to crush your ego of being the most important person on the road, well tough, you are special, just like everyone else.

Just so strange. Really. Your posts reek of someone who really can't put their thoughts into intelligent words. Lighten up, my friend. Lighten up

Nobody is out to get you. Or your state of NC. I love it here. I love the USA I love new ideas, new foods, traditions, cultures, accents, etc. LOVE IT!

I despise left lane lingerers Is that a word? Haha! Anyway-I have been all over this great country of OURS and it is in my honest opinion that NC is the greatest offender of the lingering in the left lane Don't take it so personally, my friend. Nothing to do with "ego". How bizarre to even play that card.

Lighten up~!

Old 04-10-2011, 02:07 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:

Just so strange. Really. Your posts reek of someone who really can't put their thoughts into intelligent words. Lighten up, my friend. Lighten up
Ah, don't like the message, so insult. Really

Oh, were you on I26 the other day? This sounds like someone with your attitude.
Quote:
Just the day before, I was coming up I-26 in my totally sick 1996 Saturn (and by “sick” I mean it leaks fluids like a newborn), and some doofus in a blue Hyundai Tucson was doing his best to tick drivers off. First, he laid on the horn when a work van simply tried to merge in front of him at the Airport exit.Then once he got in the left lane, he started flashing his high beams at the car in front of him, although that guy clearly had nowhere to go. He didn't flash the highs once or twice — he hit them about 25 times.
By the luck of the draw, I eventually ended up in front of this dipwad in the left lane, and he started giving me the flashing high beams treatment. I too, had nowhere to go, as a line of cars was clogging the alleged passing lane.
http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110410/NEWS/304100045/Boyle-Not-too-proud-my-own-road-rascality?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

(mods, please excuse the lengthy quote, but it is necessary as the bird cage liner known as the Asheville Citizen times will take the article down in a week or so, thus the link will be useless.)

Old 04-10-2011, 07:01 PM

164 posts, read 357,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Ah, don't like the message, so insult. Really

Oh, were you on I26 the other day? This sounds like someone with your attitude.
I think it is you my friend who is doing the insulting Again, lighten up

Old 12-28-2011, 08:29 AM

23 posts, read 35,888 times
Default driving or not driving

Ive noticed that people in Durham NC are pretty strange when it comes to driving. People where I live will start cars sit i n them and then get out and go back inside. They wash cars but have nothing or nowhere to go...I know the economy is bad but its really freakin me out. I am from San Diego where peple get in their cars and actually go to work...here I see old ladies in huge cars that cant even get out of a parking lot, handicap placards galore...people who just walk around....Its the weirdest thing Ive ever seen but I never see people like working a blue collar job ...its mostly five and dime stores, grocery stores..banks, not much else....I really wonder about this place, its just so .freakin weird, people seem friendly but omg just so boring...like Stepford wives boring, Im not sure if they ever left here and then you have fastfood places that are all run by mexicans...there are no jobs for people who do construction but I have to admit this has got to be the strangest place Ive ever been in my life....I was in NC in the Marines back in the 80s but now its just a boring place with abandoned old tobacco curing buildings, families living in destitution...kids climbing on cars in parking lots and just weird stuff..no respect for other peoples stuff...its a real rathole and I really cant deal...

Old 12-29-2011, 03:05 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,962,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Whats wrong with you passing on the right. There no law or signs except a few areas in Mountains if they are doing speed limit then they have every right to be in left lane as much as you do.
It is against the law in my state to pass on the right (of course, so many ignore the law). It's extremely dangerous--consider two cars driving behind a slow car in a middle lane--one passes on the left, one passes on the right, and they meet back in the middle lane and crash.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:19 PM

2,023 posts, read 3,237,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roncorey1 View Post
Good post BTW!

This is a BIG problem when traffic is only mildly congested. It's usually country bumpkins or senior citizens with all the time in the world to get to where they are going.
Completely agree with this post. Drivers who choose to drive slow (and block the flow of traffic) in the left lane are inconsiderate, rude, and just plain ignorant. This is the same group of drivers who are either "country bumpkins/seniors/or have a something for nothing mentality" and have never left the county they grew up in much less the state of NC. The more rural the region = the more "left-laners" hogging up the roadways.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:57 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,812,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
Completely agree with this post. Drivers who choose to drive slow (and block the flow of traffic) in the left lane are inconsiderate, rude, and just plain ignorant. This is the same group of drivers who are either "country bumpkins/seniors/or have a something for nothing mentality" and have never left the county they grew up in much less the state of NC.
That's funny, because I see plenty of out-of-state license plates on cars doing this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina