Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:52 AM

26 posts, read 96,808 times

Advertisements

can anyone give me some info on fayettville like crime, weather, work and i'f its a nice place to, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2006, 09:19 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
All i know is that its an Area know for its Army Base. The times I have been there it seems just like that a military town. Booming when the guys/gals are back in town. Vacant when everyone is on Duty.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:14 PM

463 posts, read 1,651,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattibug View Post
can anyone give me some info on fayettville like crime, weather, work and i'f its a nice place to, thank you.
There's a reason it's called "Fayettenam." It's hard for me to fathom that anyone who isn't in the military would want to move there of their own accord but before you do, *please* go visit. As far as the stats on crime, weather, work etc. all of those can be found in an Internet search which you can do. You can also use the forum search feature ( "Search this forum" ) in the upper right to look up past posts about Fayettevelle.

Best wishes,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 08-27-2006 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: spaces, typo

Old 08-27-2006, 02:55 PM

42 posts, read 183,129 times
we're stationed at the air force base in Fayetteville and chose to live 45 minutes out of the city. We couldn't find an area we liked that wasn't full of military folks (hey to us, it's just DH's job, not our life, not that military folks are bad) or decent housing that wasn't over priced. It was more important for us to be out in the country but still close enough for DH's commute and for the shopping in town there.

Old 08-27-2006, 08:43 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,037 times
My husband's family is from fayetteville....well, outside of the ville and living in eastover. His mom's family has lived there his entire life and their entire lives, so it does happen that people live there who are not in the military. my husband didn't really like it and couldn't wait to leave. I think overall it is a typical military town, yes, there are some very nice areas of town, but overall, not a place I would want to live.

Leigh

Old 10-22-2006, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 22,127 times
If you're looking for a lot of action, it's not the place to live. I live here and it is quiet and houses are cheap. I like it here, and i'm not military.
"To each his own"

Old 10-23-2006, 09:22 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,907,364 times
In the crime indexes I've researched, Fayetteville's rate is pretty high. Summers are very hot and really humid. I had inlaws in the Army there and they hated it. I wouldn't recommend it myself. Is there a specific reason you focused in on Fayetteville?

Old 12-07-2007, 03:19 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,777,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
There's a reason it's called "Fayettenam."
Ditto. It all evolved from the days of hookers and riff raff up and down Hay St, Now 25 years later all of that is cleaned out but the crime rate is still high, there's still lots of shady businesses and practices, lots of arrogant discourteous drivers, bad traffic, yes it's hot and miserably muggy in the summer.

97% of the town is military, or ex military, or a relative of either military or ex military. The men to women ratio is like 1 woman to 15 men, which means even the big mama's can pick and choose.

I had 2 friends of mine that after getting out of the military tried to find work in town but could not; they ended up moving 2 hours north and almost immediately found jobs.

I've lived here the last 8 years and thank god I finally have orders to move.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Ditto. It all evolved from the days of hookers and riff raff up and down Hay St, Now 25 years later all of that is cleaned out but the crime rate is still high, there's still lots of shady businesses and practices, lots of arrogant discourteous drivers, bad traffic, yes it's hot and miserably muggy in the summer.

97% of the town is military, or ex military, or a relative of either military or ex military. The men to women ratio is like 1 woman to 15 men, which means even the big mama's can pick and choose.

I had 2 friends of mine that after getting out of the military tried to find work in town but could not; they ended up moving 2 hours north and almost immediately found jobs.

I've lived here the last 8 years and thank god I finally have orders to move.
Guess you don't realize that North Carolina is a military friendly state and the pride of The U. S. Army, The 82nd Airborne, Airborne Rangers and Special Forces make their home here...the same ones who fought and died in Godforsaken places like Iraq and Afghanistan and who died in World War II in Europe and The Far East and, of course, in Korea...yes, the same ones who fought for our freedoms so you could rag on "their" city and spread negativism around. Your description of Fayetteville and the mis use of the term "fayettenam" reminds me of boot camp where the younger "cruits lashed out at the local town where the boot camp was located. Maybe you could try a bit more kindness towards others in your posts around these forum pages as they all smack of negativism
Moderator cut: OFF TOPIC

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-08-2007 at 11:40 AM..

Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattibug View Post
pattibug: Try this link as a starter:Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

MODERATOR NOTE:

DEBATE IDEAS AND NOT EACH OTHER LETS CALM IT DOWN A TAD

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 07:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina