Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:05 PM

5 posts, read 29,843 times

Advertisements

Hi! We are relocating to Fayetteville, NC area due to job (not military). My main concern is school for a elementary school aged child and then safe neighborhood. I have researched Pinehurst school districts and Hope Mills (Rockfish and Stoney). Which area is better and SAFE to live in? We can pay 380+ for house. Also I am open to other areas if there are better than these. One other overall question about the area is the crime. Is it really as bad as older posts are saying? Seems not safe at night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 07:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,971,553 times
380K will buy a mansion in Hope Mills. Your best bet is in Gates Four. Technically now in Fayetteville City Limits. It is gated and one of the most upscale neighborhoods in the area. You will be safe there and it is in the most popular school district. I live and work on this side of Fayetteville. I can tell you about this area but not Pinehurst.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Gates Four

Thanks for the gates four advice. However, I did some searching in that neighborhood and the houses are very pricy. I'm looking for something mid to high 300s with a great school district. The more I read the more I am leaning toward Pinehurst. Does anyone have any info on that area? How far away are you from grocery stores, shopping? Thanks!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:05 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,329,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl2451 View Post
Thanks for the gates four advice. However, I did some searching in that neighborhood and the houses are very pricy. I'm looking for something mid to high 300s with a great school district. The more I read the more I am leaning toward Pinehurst. Does anyone have any info on that area? How far away are you from grocery stores, shopping? Thanks!
The Pinehurst Academy Hights grammer school is rated number four in the state.

There are only two stores not in the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area. Home Depot and Target all the rest are here.

About the only chain restaurant not here is Red Lobster, all the rest are here.

For groceries we have Food Lion, Lowes, Harris Teeter and Fresh Market.

There are so many good independant restaurants in and around Pinehurst/Southern Pines it will take you a long time to visit them all.

380 will get you a real nice house in this area and if you want more land look at Foxfire Village, West of Pinehurst, six miles West.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

thanks so much for the info. We are planning a trip in the next couple weeks to check out the area.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:44 PM

572 posts, read 1,606,242 times
I don't think you're gonna be impressed with Hope Mills. Pinehurst is light years better.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:25 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,971,553 times
Actually there are nine houses in Gates Four for sale now between 230K and 340K.

Another place to look is Mariner's Pointe it is in Stony Point school district and is in the mid 300K, not gated but very nice.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:40 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,802,541 times
Pinehurst. You will not be impressed with Hope Mills. Been there, done that. Won't live there again.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Thanks! I did notice the Gates Four development did have a few homes in my price range. can anyone tell me abou tthe neighborhood? Is it family friendly, how are the neighbors, what are the HOA fees? Also same on Mariners Pointe - anyone live there that has information? Both roll up into Stoney Pointe Elementary - I would love to hear from anyone that has kids there and if it is as good as greatschools makes it out to be. Thank-you!!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,329,370 times
Looks like it's 3 to 1 for Pinehurst and that one is a Realtor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina