Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM

5 posts, read 28,473 times

Advertisements

Anyone out there who can tell me what airport one would fly into and how far away it is from Seven Lakes. Is there any mall shopping, restaurants within a few minutes of the area? How is dental/medical care & how close is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:35 PM

44 posts, read 200,831 times
The is an airport in Moore County, but I am sure that would be an expensive place to fly into. Fayetteville may be the closest Airport that recieves regular flights. RDU is probably an hour and 15 minutes away or so, maybe a little more. Cost wise, I am sure you would want to fly into RDU (Raleigh/Durham), from there you can get on US 1 south in Raleigh and get out to Moore County pretty quick. There are places to eat in Moore County, sure... but the Seven Lakes immediate area itself doesn't offer much at all. There are one of those Mac's Anytime Breakfast Houses I believe, which are dotted across Moore County. More of a Mom and Pop joint though. You could find plenty of resturaunts within 15 to 25 minutes though, as Southern Pines and Pine Hurst are pretty ritzy. Hope that helps.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM

123 posts, read 511,430 times
You can also fly into Greensboro. Take 220south to 73east. Greensboro is actually about 20 minutes closer to 7 lakes. For hotels, restaurants, etc., you'll have to go into Southern Pines/Pinehurst/Aberdeen. About 20 minutes away. A mall? no. But shopping is available: Belks, Best Buy, Pier 1, Walmart, etc. Restaurants run the gamut: Chilis, Outback, Applebys, etc.
And then there is the more expensive "fine dining". Japanese, Mexican, Chinese, Thai, steak houses, Italian, etc.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:08 PM

5 posts, read 28,473 times
Default seven lakes - more

Ok - I got confused in your reply. Do you mean the Belks, Pier 1, etc. are at Seven Lakes or at Pinehurst?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM

123 posts, read 511,430 times
Shopping in 7 lakes is limited to Dollar General and Food Lion. 2 gas stations, 2 banks, a coffee shop, a Subway, a Mexican Rest., an Italian Rest., a Macs Breakfast Anytime, and 1 traffic light. More is coming, I'm sure. But for right now, all the rest of the shopping has to be done in SP/PH/Aberdeen.
7 lakes is in West End, NC. West End has a Post Office. No government, no police, no mayor. I know. My mailing address is West End too. You really do have to visit and talk to one of us "locals" to get the idea. And "lakes" to a realtor means something entirely different than it does to you. There is a reason Badin Lake, Jordan lake, etc, are on a map and 7 lakes are not pictured, on maps, as lakes.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:05 AM

14 posts, read 95,643 times
Seven Lakes is in Moore County. It is a small town, not to much there. Some shops, a grocery store, some gas stations, a school, etc.
RDU (Raleigh Airport) and sometimes Moore County Airport. RDU is about 1 1/2- 2 hours from Seven Lakes, and Moore County Airport is about 20 minutes from there.
Medical Care is good here..As long as you have insurance...LOL! Most medical facilities and the hospital are about 15 minutes from Seven Lakes.
For shopping, you would either go to Aberdeen/Southern Pines/Pinehurst (also Moore County) or you would go to Fayetteville (if you were looking for a LARGER variety or the MALL). Aberdeen/etc. is about 15-20 minutes, depending on traffic....and Fayetteville is about an hour or a little more.
Seven Lakes is VERY nice. Beautiful Lakes there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina