Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:38 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape_fisherman View Post
You're seeing so many Ohio plates because Charleston is full and they are turning back around going home.

I recently saw a bumper stick on a truck here locally that said...and I quote (wish I had a camera to have taken a picture of it, but couldn't get to my phone in time)...anyway...it literally said............

"Go Buckeyes! No really, go."

Awesomeness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 11:39 AM

1,975 posts, read 5,213,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
It snows between October and April?
Potentially, yes. However typically Dec to March is when to really expect snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Have you been through Toledo, Cincinnatti or Dayton lately?

Outside the Southeast corner of Ohio, it is pretty much bland isn't it?
The northeast portion of Ohio is not bad either. Eastern Ohio is much more scenic than Western Ohio. A drive up through I-75 (flat, cornfields) will give you a much different impression of Ohio than a drive up through I-77 (hills, forests).

Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 AM

7 posts, read 21,225 times
I have seen those too in the WS and GSO area. I imagine it is because of the new Honda Jet facility near the airport. I think many have relocated from the Ohio area where Honda has plants there.

Just a guess.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:54 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by komputerjeanyus View Post
I have seen those too in the WS and GSO area. I imagine it is because of the new Honda Jet facility near the airport. I think many have relocated from the Ohio area where Honda has plants there.

Just a guess.

No, you're seeing vacation traffic. I-74/I-73 is the most direct route to Myrtle Beach for anyone from OH, WV, MI, etc., and you'll see tons of vacation-packed vehicles with plates from those states, especially on Saturday. For a real treat, drive up I-77 into Virginia on a Saturday afternoon. The returning beach traffic backs up from the Wytheville split all the way back to the NC state line (about 20 miles or so)...it's no fun getting caught in that!

Old 07-05-2013, 04:44 PM

25 posts, read 30,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since72 View Post
Makes sense. Just wondering.
I was born in Cincinnati, Ohio and came to North Carolina due to entering the military. I've been here in NC since 1995, so I have long since changed my license plate to NC. For the first few years, I maintained an Ohio registration though. And since I've been here so long, I can say there are many, many fellow Buckeyes who join the military and get stationed at Ft. Bragg and Camp L', NC. I would also imagine that beaches of Wilmington, Myrtle, South Port, etc. attract our northern friends for some summer East coast sandy fun.

Just a thought!

V/R,

-T

Old 07-07-2013, 09:43 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
They come down 77 going to the beach, spend the night in Charlotte, think it beats the hellish environment of Ohio, and they move here.

In our development in Huntersville (on I-77) there were more OHIO STATE football banners out on a given Saturday than UNC, State, Wake, Duke, ECU, WCU and Appy combined.
That's because folks from the south think flying flags is tacky.

Sure there's a lot if OSU fans here, but they are dwarfed by state school fans I assure you. southerners just aren't so garish about it.

Old 07-07-2013, 10:09 AM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times
When I lived in NC, I would go to the beach on a weekly basis during the summer. On 64, it was a constant caravan of minivans with Ohio plates. They probably come down, stay a week or two, then head back to Ohio.

Most people in Missouri seem to go to Alabama or Mississippi for the beach.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:37 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
For some reason Huntersville is a meca for OHIO transplants. After CMS found a way to fire the higher paid tenured teachers they went to OHIO and offered their jobs to them..This is a fact. I know 4 or 5 teachers here from OHIO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina