Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 03:58 PM

30 posts, read 111,379 times

Advertisements

TornadoAlley, forgot to ask, when you went to the SuperWalmart what was the dempgraphics for the store in regards to customers/employees? Did you see a lot of "riffraff" if you get my meaning.

We are trying to get away from the "rough" people in our neighborhoods and schools. Hard core gangs don't seem appealing for me. Hubby would be leaving work late at nights, 10 -11 pm alot of the time. Would you want to be there then?

I know what you mean by the humidity. It wasn't that bad when we were there either. You certainly don't want to be without a/c, although the same could be said for here as well.

Thanks for all replies

Old 09-04-2006, 05:02 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEME View Post
Thanks lovesMountains. I feel a little better.

TornadoAlley, would you feel safe shopping at that SuperWalmert/Lowes center? At night? I compared Charlotte to San Bernardino. Do you agree? I didn't care for Charlotte at all. I'm just worried about living close to the area my hubby would be working in.

Is Steel Creeke a nice area? Low crime, good schools??

Thanks for all your detailed input TornadoAlley.

How far away would anyone recommend living from the 485/Arrowwood Rd area for a commute to nicer areas with good schools and low crime???? Hubby can and will commute if necessary.
..........No I wouldn't.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:04 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOVEME View Post
TornadoAlley, forgot to ask, when you went to the SuperWalmart what was the dempgraphics for the store in regards to customers/employees? Did you see a lot of "riffraff" if you get my meaning.

We are trying to get away from the "rough" people in our neighborhoods and schools. Hard core gangs don't seem appealing for me. Hubby would be leaving work late at nights, 10 -11 pm alot of the time. Would you want to be there then?

I know what you mean by the humidity. It wasn't that bad when we were there either. You certainly don't want to be without a/c, although the same could be said for here as well.

Thanks for all replies
To me the riffraff was bad.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:27 PM

958 posts, read 2,621,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoAlley View Post
We went to the amusement park today. Here is what we saw:

70% Whites
30% Blacks
5 Asians (total people)
5 Hispanics (total people)
5 Illegals (total people)
1 gang member
5% of kids wearing baggie pants and long shirts
1 couple fighting.
Employees not really friendly (I asked one why, she said they work 11hr shifts for 2 days a week and off the other 5 days. They were tired.)
Average couples were 30-45yrs old.
I saw dads with just kids and moms with just kids and couples together with kids.
I also saw about 10 mixed race couples.
Most people looked to be nicely dressed.

Would we return again? Yes. Our three kids (11,14,16) said they would return again also. Did I feel safe? Yes.

You certainly must have a more highly developed sensory system than the rest of us if you were to have time to tabulate these results while with three teenagers at the park. Five illegals? How on earth could you tell this? Are you a superhero or something? Were they wearing some sort of tattoos, or armbands? I can't believe you would take the time to keep track of this sort of thing. Get a life. Do us all a favor, and don't move to our beautiful state.

Last edited by EnglishCream; 09-04-2006 at 05:38 PM..

Old 09-04-2006, 05:36 PM

338 posts, read 1,445,670 times
I've been wondering how your vacation has been? With the rain and all- sounds like all is well. How long are you staying? My husband is pretty set on SouthEastern TN- but sometimes when I run the stats I get scared about how agressive the people in the South are perceived to be-just what I'm reading everyone- don't flip out on me- it just seems like there is alot of personal assult issues in the lower States? How are the poeple in general? My husband is considered arrogant (even by me) in Upper NYS-I don not want him to go down South with his attitude and get into it with some Southerner just because...do you know what I mean? Have fun! Be safe!

Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxors View Post
You certainly must have a more highly developed sensory system than the rest of us if you were to have time to tabulate these results while with three teenagers at the park. Five illegals? How on earth could you tell this? Are you a superhero or something? Were they wearing some sort of tattoos, or armbands? I can't believe you would take the time to keep track of this sort of thing. Get a life. Do us all a favor, and don't move to our beautiful state.
I guess it's your law enforcement background that helps you keep tabs of the breakdown? Curious, can you please describe what a gang banger looks like, also the rifraaf- can you describe? It might be helpful for the rest of us who are making some pretty [uneasy] assumptions about "who" you are talking about. There's no doubt, no one wants to be in an community that's not safe. Just wondering if you can also spot other groups that I wouldn't want to live around like the US militia, the arayans/neo *****, and the KKK.

Not coming down on you as you have some folks here that are *asking* you this stuff clearly in PMs, but this thread has taken a somewhat distrurbing turn...

Again not blasting you, just seeking some clarification.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:54 PM

117 posts, read 416,177 times
Quote:

70% Whites
30% Blacks
5 Asians (total people)
1 gang member
1 couple fighting.
Employees not really friendly (I asked one why, she said they work 11hr shifts for 2 days a week and off the other 5 days. They were tired.)
I saw dads with just kids and moms with just kids and couples together with kids.

Would we return again? Yes. Our three kids (11,14,16) said they would return again also. Did I feel safe? Yes.

Did you see any of this riff raff in Davidson or Huntersville?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:35 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,087,349 times
I am very confused. How does one identify an "illegal" without requesting paperwork?

How do you figure out who is "Hispanic" without quizzing folks on their cultural identity?

And baggie pants and long shirts mean .... ?

And who falls into the category of "riff raff"?

And c'mon, you actually counted the number of "Asians" you saw?

A lone gang member?

What opportunity was there to enjoy yourself if you were playing the role of a census taker?

This board is truly amazing!

SL

Old 09-04-2006, 06:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Ann View Post
Tornado Alley, please .... head back up to where you came from pronto. We've got enough whiners who think they are better than everyone else, just like you here already. Those of us that love it here don't need the aggravation and prejudice you're bringing with you.
Liz Ann, for those of us who love it here, it smarts when others don't see Charlotte the way we do! But I'm willing to cut tornadoalley some slack. He is obviously coming from a bad situation where "gangs" and "riff raff" are a big problem. I don't blame him for wanting to make sure that if he's going to go to all the trouble of relocating that he doesn't land in a similar situation. He's just trying to do what is right for his family. But I've with you too, how DO you identify illegal aliens without asking for their papers?

Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 PM

477 posts, read 1,583,483 times
Quote:

70% Whites
30% Blacks
5 Asians (total people)
1 gang member
1 couple fighting.

Sounds promising for someone in my situation......So far I take it you like NC? I havent really hear you say anything negative(except the few gang members you saw)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina