Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:11 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times

Advertisements

I'm a pizza lover and I'm having a tough time finding the right pie. I like homade crust and sauce, bulk raw italian sausage as opposed to pre-cooked sausage pellets that resemble rabbit waste, and a med/thick crust. I won't complain if it's greasy either! lol.

The best I've found is Waxhaw Ice Cream and Pizza Works, but it's still not perfect. Crust is a little too thin and they used sliced italian sausage. lol.. I'm picky.

I'm willing to drive to find the pefect pie.....anybody?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 11:20 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,655,777 times
Personally, I prefer the Chicago-Style pizzas. Here's some thoughts:

Pie Works

PieWorks,Pizza by Design,specialty pies,pizza

Bellacinos

Bellacinos Grinders - Gotta Grab A Grinder

Pizza Hut Italian Bistro

Paventi's Pizzeria

PAVENTI'S PIZZERIA IS COMING SOON! (http://www.paventispizzeria.com/ - broken link)

Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 AM

Yes, Chicago style...nice and thick. Yum! Thank You!

Old 08-10-2007, 12:19 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,426,355 times
I like the Buffalo style pizza, after living there for several years. It is not as thin as NY style and not as thick as Chicago. There is Taste of Buffalo in Huntersville, but it's not as good as a pie you would get there, though it is a nice change from most of the NY pizza places around here that sometimes seem to taste eerily similar (it's kind of like how a lot of Chine restaurants don't vary by taste all too much).

Home Page - Taste of Buffalo Pizzeria - Huntersville / Charlotte, NC

Old 08-10-2007, 02:06 PM

I'm not sure which actual Pizza Style I like...I just know that it isn't NY! I'm from Ohio and my favorite pizza place there is Zappetellis. It is SO good.

Buffalo is pretty close to Cleveland so maybe that is what I'd like? I'm just over all this thin pizza...it reminds me of mall pizza. Yuck.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:29 PM

18 posts, read 63,214 times
Default Good Pizza/Triangle Area? Oxymoron

Being a native NYC guy & tasting Pizza in all 5 boroughs Of NYC for 55 yrs.
I'm of the opinion that it's the water & the oven temperature.Most of all it's the water.
NYC water has been ranked in the top 5 in nationwide contests for decades,being #1 on many occasions.I bought a water filter 2 wks after I moved to Morrisville.
OH YOUR QUESTION!! Georgina's is owned by NY'ers but as their business has grown,the quality has gone down. I have a pizza stone and I make my own,using my home made gravy.
Anyone want Italian cooking lessons,let me know.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:24 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,736 times
I like Bullzeye in Huntersville. Probably won't pass your sausage test, though but I don't eat sausage.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Dinunzio, i have a pizza stone too but it can be a lot of work to make pizza. The only thing I don't like about NY style is the crust is too thin. My favorite pizza place so far is a Ny Style pizza place, it's not super thin but a little too crispy. I'm a little paticular about my pizza. lol. I like a little gooey-ness and grease.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:37 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I'm a pizza lover and I'm having a tough time finding the right pie. I like homade crust and sauce, bulk raw italian sausage as opposed to pre-cooked sausage pellets that resemble rabbit waste, and a med/thick crust. I won't complain if it's greasy either! lol.

The best I've found is Waxhaw Ice Cream and Pizza Works, but it's still not perfect. Crust is a little too thin and they used sliced italian sausage. lol.. I'm picky.

I'm willing to drive to find the pefect pie.....anybody?
The best pizza I've ever had has been at a small Mediterranean restaurant in the small town of Creedmoor. The owners are from Turkey....nothing NY about it.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:48 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,545,926 times
There's a Pizza place in University Area off Harris Blvd (across from Wachovia/IBM)- it's Tony's Pizza. It's not bad. I thought it was pricey (like 3.00 a slice) but 2 slices were the equivalent of half a pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina