U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-09-2011, 06:20 PM

7 posts, read 4,282 times

Advertisements

In fact Rex 84 is well documented in the House of Representatives. During a national crises the president can suspend the US Constitution which means anybody can be arrested for anything even for running a blog or speaking out. Without the Constitution no law would need to be broken to be rounded up, killed or shot, or tortured.

Under Rex 84 they can go against state governments to ensure the federal government is the perfect dictatorship. Each president from Bill Clinton, to George Bush, to Barack Obama each president gains more dictatorial powers then the last until America is finally dissolved as a republic and democracy and becomes an executive dictatorship for the super-rich powerful elite.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 06:46 PM

13,060 posts, read 12,937,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsSpeaker View Post
In fact Rex 84 is well documented in the House of Representatives. During a national crises the president can suspend the US Constitution which means anybody can be arrested for anything even for running a blog or sopeaking out. Without the Constitution no law would need to be broken to be rounded up, killed or shot, or tortured.

Under Rex 84 they can go against state governments to ensure the federal government is the perfect dictatorship. Each president from Bill Clinton, to George Bush, to Barack Obama each president gains more dictatorial powers then the last until America is finally dissolved as a republic and democracy and becomes an executive dictatorship for the super-rich powerful elite.
OK, just my luck to put on my tin foil hat for this.

You're whining about this & the Civil War. Look, Lincoln suspended habeas corpus during the Civil War & it's existance in the Confederacy is doubtful. Should you doubt me, google Tilghman Vestal & read about what happened to young men who refused to serve, even for religious reasons. (He was connected to the Guilford County Mendenhalls.)

I'd be a lot more afraid of the Tea Party than the feds if I were you. Who butchered the education budget? Not the feds, the Tea Party. Follow the governor's vetoes. Who refused to compromise & said that default would be good in DC? That's right, the teabaggers.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take my tin foil hat outside while I dig for gemstones, just in case they're needed.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:24 PM

8,085 posts, read 10,611,853 times
There are always nutcases, in many states, proposing things like this, especially in times of financial instability. Ignore the crazies...

Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM

3,271 posts, read 931,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

I'd be a lot more afraid of the Tea Party than the feds if I were you. Who butchered the education budget? Not the feds, the Tea Party. Follow the governor's vetoes. Who refused to compromise & said that default would be good in DC? That's right, the teabaggers.
On the other hand during the phony debt crisis Obama pushed for much larger cuts to Medicare and SS than even the tea party while being fine with no revenue increases. When the welfare state is finally dismantled it'll be at the hands of a Democrat chasing votes from "independents". Even here in NC it took five Democrats getting bought off to make the budget veto-proof.

The OP's black helicopter nonsense is a shame, but it's the natural end result of a wholly dysfunctional one party masquerading as a two party system with a sycophantic corporate media, ostensibly meant to hold them accountable, drawing a paycheck from the same source as government. People get despondent and turn to nutty conspiracy theories to explain things because nothing else makes sense and the usual institutions do nothing but misinform and distract.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 AM

13,060 posts, read 12,937,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
On the other hand during the phony debt crisis Obama pushed for much larger cuts to Medicare and SS than even the tea party while being fine with no revenue increases. When the welfare state is finally dismantled it'll be at the hands of a Democrat chasing votes from "independents". Even here in NC it took five Democrats getting bought off to make the budget veto-proof.

The OP's black helicopter nonsense is a shame, but it's the natural end result of a wholly dysfunctional one party masquerading as a two party system with a sycophantic corporate media, ostensibly meant to hold them accountable, drawing a paycheck from the same source as government. People get despondent and turn to nutty conspiracy theories to explain things because nothing else makes sense and the usual institutions do nothing but misinform and distract.
Quite true. It also took some moderate Republicans getting sucked into voting, in lock-step, with the fringe elements to pull it off. Where I live, people are majority Democratic, represented in Raleigh & DC by Republicans. The state representation was moderate, so people were OK with that. The school district here is good & people are very unhappy about the way things went down with the budget. Magically, one of the representatives in Raleigh found a new job immediately after voting for the budget.

I also fully expect that after paying for the social security of my parents, grandparents, & great-grandparents generations, my generation will be hung out to dry over the budget dysfunction in DC, & I'm spitting distance from going into that system.

I really was out back digging for gemstones. I've found several items that need to be identified & I'll sell them & get the dollars for them.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:40 AM

639 posts, read 491,759 times
The answer to the US budget crisis that the government isn't ready to address is military waste. 2 multi-trillion dollar wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, plus hundreds of overseas bases and dozens of little quasi-wars we have going on in various countries have put a stranglehold on the budget. Then that's before you add in the vast amount of money that military units waste on un-needed equipment and supplies. I worked as the fiscal manager for my unit for 3yrs in the military and witnessed first hand how much money is wasted.

There really shouldn't be any politician talking about cutting Social Security or Medicaid until the defense budget is addressed.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:29 PM

2,996 posts, read 4,504,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusAV View Post
The answer to the US budget crisis that the government isn't ready to address is military waste. 2 multi-trillion dollar wars in Iraq/Afghanistan, plus hundreds of overseas bases and dozens of little quasi-wars we have going on in various countries have put a stranglehold on the budget. Then that's before you add in the vast amount of money that military units waste on un-needed equipment and supplies. I worked as the fiscal manager for my unit for 3yrs in the military and witnessed first hand how much money is wasted.

There really shouldn't be any politician talking about cutting Social Security or Medicaid until the defense budget is addressed.
But the defense budget has been addressed and the services are shrinking and cutting personnel, budgets, and talk of cutting benefits as well. The majority of the government money goes to health care. Heck even for the military tricare is a disproportionate amount of the DOD budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina