Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 05:50 PM

5 posts, read 6,944 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am currently teaching in Myrtle Beach and realized that I may not like living with my grandfather as much as I thought. It is my first year teaching and I am very thankful to have a job. I plan on staying here a year and am considering moving somewhere closer to my family, which is in Ohio.

I have considered Virginia and North Carolina as possible choices, but do not know enough about either one to even start looking for cities. I am only 23 and single, so I need a safe town that has good schools. I would also just like a place that has friendly people willing to welcome newcomers - I have 2 small dogs and they love going for walks so public trails or dog parks in the area are always a place.

I love the idea of living close to a city like Charlotte, NC but would love to learn more about the area. I am however a teacher, so money is always a concern.

I am so open to any and every idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:52 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
We know several teachers who left the Triangle area for jobs in the Myrtle Beach area..suggestion is find a teaching job or employment and move to where the job is. If yoy like the Charlotte area, post in that forum and ask about employment. Teachers / education have been targeted here as most places. No raises for last 4 years, co-pay insurance and I understand NC is just above Mississippi (50th) in per pupil spending?

Old 08-13-2011, 05:14 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times
This link is on the charlotte thread right now:

Help wanted: CMS needs 342 teachers | CharlotteObserver.com & The Charlotte Observer Newspaper (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/11/2517535/help-wanted-342-cms-teachers.html#disqus_thread - broken link)

Now I would not wish teaching in CMS on my worst enemy, but you got to do what you got to do!

Good Luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina