Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 04:51 PM

414 posts, read 1,380,853 times

Advertisements

I was looking into buying a westport home. I wrote down the price 4 days ago. It was 250K when I just looked today. It was 260K.

I feel like prices are going up everything month or less. ugh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2006, 04:57 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,544,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLTZ View Post
I was looking into buying a westport home. I wrote down the price 4 days ago. It was 250K when I just looked today. It was 260K.

are you ready to buy? if so tell them you received a quote less than a week ago from the sales associate. I did the same thing, they told me "we have to check with mgmt"...the agreed on the previous quote.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:40 PM

117 posts, read 416,119 times
Quote:

Mine just went up 6,000 this weekend.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:56 PM

293 posts, read 958,752 times
Quote:

I put money down on a Westport home in May. It is being built now. I was told by the saleperson that their prices went up 3K in August and another 3K in Sept... 10K seems like alot within a four day period. What community are you looking into?

Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM

463 posts, read 1,650,987 times
Quote:

Unless you're ready to buy I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. There is always another house.

Can't tell you how many I looked at online that looked great online but up close and personal was another story. We ended up in a completely different area of the state than we started out looking in.

It's kinda spiritual how things work out, and in retrospect, worked out for the best for us. I still marvel at that.

Best wishes,

Cassie

Old 09-07-2006, 06:18 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,294 times
Cassie,

You put that very nicely.

SL

Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 PM

463 posts, read 1,650,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Cassie,

You put that very nicely.SL
Thanks, Saralee. I read the thread about your current dilemma but haven't had a chance to respond to it yet. I don't have an answer for you but I know who does

My very best regards,

Cassie

Old 09-07-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrcts04 View Post
I put money down on a Westport home in May. It is being built now. I was told by the saleperson that their prices went up 3K in August and another 3K in Sept... 10K seems like alot within a four day period. What community are you looking into?

It was in Brook Valley and the Waterford Model.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
Unless you're ready to buy I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. There is always another house.

Can't tell you how many I looked at online that looked great online but up close and personal was another story. We ended up in a completely different area of the state than we started out looking in.

It's kinda spiritual how things work out, and in retrospect, worked out for the best for us. I still marvel at that.

Best wishes,

Cassie
Im going down in a few weeks to check out a few more houses But I will be ready to buy in 4 months. Maybe even sooner.

Old 09-07-2006, 11:55 PM

117 posts, read 416,119 times
Quote:
It was in Brook Valley and the Waterford Model.
I wish I would have seen those houses, can't beat the prices for that square foot, they look very nice too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina