Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 05:35 PM

89 posts, read 267,516 times

Advertisements

Hello,
In about two weeks I am driving down to my new home in Ft. Myers, FL from Philadelphia. I am in desperate need for a bedroom set and have always heard about the outlets in NC. I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction here.

-I am looking for something that has a variety of modern/contemporary furniture.

-Of course some where reasonably priced

And lastly, somewhere not to far off my route to florida.

Any help with this is much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 07:21 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,742,543 times
Take a look at this website. There is also a large furniture outlet in Hickory.
Caldwell County Chamber of Commerce

How close to I-70 are you? I'd go over and hit 81 to go south to I-77, south to US421 north (it actually runs directly west) to NC18 (nice two lane highway, pretty and little traffic) to US321 south in Lenoir. Just south of Lenoir the outlet stores start.
If you don't mind traveling on beautiful two lane highways I'll tell how we travel to Florida: US321 south (limited access no lights) to I-85 south to Georgia exit 149, US441 to Athens. From there take US129 south to Macon and pickup 75. It saves zigzaging over to I-95 which comes to a halt if someone hiccups.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Take a look at this website. There is also a large furniture outlet in Hickory.
Caldwell County Chamber of Commerce

How close to I-70 are you? I'd go over and hit 81 to go south to I-77, south to US421 north (it actually runs directly west) to NC18 (nice two lane highway, pretty and little traffic) to US321 south in Lenoir. Just south of Lenoir the outlet stores start.
If you don't mind traveling on beautiful two lane highways I'll tell how we travel to Florida: US321 south (limited access no lights) to I-85 south to Georgia exit 149, US441 to Athens. From there take US129 south to Macon and pickup 75. It saves zigzaging over to I-95 which comes to a halt if someone hiccups.
Yes, that web site will probably be very helpful, thanks!! I am not sure where I am in relation to I-70. I planned on just taking 95S most of the way to Ft. Myers. Do youhave any idea how far this area is from 95? Also, the way you mention, do you think that would be a faster route?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Faster? Probably not. Prettier? Yes, 81 is a pretty drive. Avoiding DC? YES YES. I think my route would be about a hundred miles further but like I said if anyone hiccups 95 grinds to a halt. US321 is 200 miles west of 95.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 AM

324 posts, read 1,523,119 times
my opinion is it would be too far out of the way...if you are taking 95, you would be atleast 3 hours from hickory/lenoir...unless there is a quicker way to get from 95 to that area

Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 AM

Da-yeah...........I-81.
Sorry...........I couldn't help it.
Go Colts!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
my opinion is it would be too far out of the way...if you are taking 95, you would be atleast 3 hours from hickory/lenoir...unless there is a quicker way to get from 95 to that area
What would be too far out of the way, the furniture outlets?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:45 PM

It appears that most of the furniture outlets are on the mid - west side of NC. I purchased an atlas today and noticed that I could take 95 south from Phila. to Rt. 66 west over to 81 south which would drop me right onto 77south right through the west side of NC. It only appears to be about an hour or so out of my original route, which was 95S all the way to florida.
Anyway, does anyone know some good furniture outlets near 77 in NC? Looking for a nice, affordable modern/contemporary bedroom st.

Old 08-27-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Faster? Probably not. Prettier? Yes, 81 is a pretty drive. Avoiding DC? YES YES. I think my route would be about a hundred miles further but like I said if anyone hiccups 95 grinds to a halt. US321 is 200 miles west of 95.
Just realized that I think this is the route you were telling me about. Doesn;t seem to far out of the way..if it is the same.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:39 PM

29 posts, read 95,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum350 View Post
It appears that most of the furniture outlets are on the mid - west side of NC. I purchased an atlas today and noticed that I could take 95 south from Phila. to Rt. 66 west over to 81 south which would drop me right onto 77south right through the west side of NC. It only appears to be about an hour or so out of my original route, which was 95S all the way to florida.
Anyway, does anyone know some good furniture outlets near 77 in NC? Looking for a nice, affordable modern/contemporary bedroom st.
We drive this route each time we visit South Jersey. If you get off 77 and hit I-40 West, the furniture outlets in the Hickory area are only about a 35 minute drive. The Hickory Furniture Mart is right off of I-40, and you will find some more outlets on Hwy 321 towards Lenoir. I can't tell you which outlet has the best prices because I haven't been to them all, but I can tell you that you will make out much better than if you shopped in the Philly area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina