U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,305,240 times

Advertisements

You can't go wrong with either city. My advice would be which ever city can provide the best employment opportunity for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 01:38 PM

4,677 posts, read 8,035,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz letta View Post
I am looking to relocate within the next year. I am twenty-six years old, single, no children, and I have a masters degree in school counseling. I live in Illinois, and I am looking for a change in enviroment. I heard that the employment opportunities are endless for educated African Americans in these areas. I like going out to comedy and night clubs, shopping, hanging out at the beach. I am looking into the school districts in Charlotte and Raliegh. I love to travel and know that raliegh is near virgina, washington dc, south carolina, and florida. I also would like to start dating again at some point in my life. Ladies, I've heard alot of good things about southern men in these areas. Please fill me in!!! What is the average monthly rent and prices of homes in Charlotte and Raliegh. I need your help. Torn between Charlotte and Raliegh. PLEASE REPLY!!!!
There actually is a great comedy club in Charlotte. There is also a couple of nice jazz clubs in Charlotte as well. I don't know if Raleigh has these things but I am prety sure they do. Raleigh has better museums than Charlotte I think, but that's not to say that Charlotte doesn't have nice ones too (not sure if you like those things, but they're there in case you wondered). I would recommend Charlotte, cuz I live here and it also has a bigger school district, but Raleigh's school district is only slightly smaller. I am also not a female but I hope my opinion still counts. Good luck.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:27 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,301,193 times
I'd let the job decide. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:22 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,294,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mz letta View Post
I am looking to relocate within the next year. I am twenty-six years old, single, no children, and I have a masters degree in school counseling. I live in Illinois, and I am looking for a change in enviroment. I heard that the employment opportunities are endless for educated African Americans in these areas. I like going out to comedy and night clubs, shopping, hanging out at the beach. I am looking into the school districts in Charlotte and Raliegh. I love to travel and know that raliegh is near virgina, washington dc, south carolina, and florida. I also would like to start dating again at some point in my life. Ladies, I've heard alot of good things about southern men in these areas. Please fill me in!!! What is the average monthly rent and prices of homes in Charlotte and Raliegh. I need your help. Torn between Charlotte and Raliegh. PLEASE REPLY!!!!
Actually Viginia (ie Norfolk/Hampton areas) are much more diverse and then you're RIGHT near the beach, so just FYI you might not want to discount that area unless of course the job says otherwise - good luck!

Old 12-01-2008, 04:03 PM

2,560 posts, read 7,711,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildee007 View Post
Iím in the same predicament. Iím torn between Charlotte, Winston-Salem and Raleigh. My brother lives in Chapel Hill (close to Raleigh) - he graduated UNC - and I have family in Greensboro (but not really interested in living there). I live in Florida now and though Iíve thoroughly enjoyed my 9 year stint here Ė I am definitely ready for a change. I am truly interested in moving to Charlotte but Iíve been getting so many mixed reviews. I will be going for a visit next month. It takes me about 10 hours to drive to Greensboro, which is about 45 minutes from Charlotte (Iím definitely not a speed-race driver!). I will let you know how it goes. I work in the architectural/engineering industry (preferably architectural) and there seems to be an abundance of a/e firms in the Charlotte area. I plan to move by 06/08 Ė God willing Ė my house here has been on the market for 4 months already. The real estate market is a bust in Florida and I definitely want to sell my house before I move. Iíve obtained information on some areas in Charlotte that you may be interested in Ė if so, pm me and Iíll forward it to you.
Good luck and God Bless!
Just an FYI...you can not drive from Greensboro to Charlotte in 45 minutes...it is 1hr and 45 minutes...not including traffic depending on time of day.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,301,193 times
^It takes me about 1 hr, 15 min.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:42 AM

4,677 posts, read 8,035,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
^It takes me about 1 hr, 15 min.
If you're lucky you can make it 45min-1hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or