Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM

90 posts, read 192,814 times

Advertisements

Any word on if this is going to get lifted any time soon? I had an interview with a state agency over two months ago, called back to check the status recently, and still nothing. Perhaps when the new state budget gets finalized?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM

838 posts, read 2,523,588 times
Haven't heard of a freeze on hiring, new jobs being posted almost daily on the OSP website.

If you haven't heard back in 2 months, I'd have to say you didn't get the job, but I would think you should have received a letter by now.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:49 PM

I thought it was a state-wide thing? I think some agencies have applied for waivers to fill positions of need, so maybe those are the ones on the OSP website? I called the interviewer (who is also the manager of the section I applied to) and was the one that mentioned the hiring freeze still in effect, so no one has gotten the job.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM

328 posts, read 767,034 times
I work for the state and there are lots of "open" positions but they aren't hiring.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
It's a "soft freeze", meaning some managers can push through openings for critical positions if they can justify them, but I know in my division, our managers don't seem to be going to the trouble despite critical needs, or maybe the Bigwigs are denying them. It's basically and agency by agency decision. Also be aware that even if an internal candidate is the "obvious" one for the job, they have to post and interview for the position, so some may be essentially "phantom openings".

Typically freezes do loosen up a little bit in the new Fiscal Year, but with this current crop in power, I am not counting on it. They are determined to squeeze blood from turnips.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info! Thankfully I have a job that I can still rely on for experience, pay, etc. while I await word. I currently work for the state of SC, but am looking to take a higher position and move back to my home state.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 6,098 times
I was interviewed at the end of April, 2013. I called the hiring manager a week ago to find out the status. He told me there was a hiring freeze for state jobs. He also said a bill has to be signed and is currently in the Senate. After hearing that, I checked my e-mails. I have not received an e-mail from the OSP site in a month of so. I get them automatically, maybe 1-2 times a week. Someone posted that this is a "soft freeze", what does that mean?? If anyone has any info, I would love to hear from you.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,098 times
I also had an interview 3 months ago. Haven't received a letter. Spoke with hiring manager and no letters have been sent. Nothing has been done since my interview. He said there was a hiring freeze and he can't do anything until the Senate passes a bill. He said it might take at least a month. So it doesn't mean you don't have the job.

Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,702 times
Have either of you gotten an offer yet or any other news?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 AM

770 posts, read 2,753,178 times
Give the Governor a call , he's got plenty of great paying jobs.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina