Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:12 AM

252 posts, read 473,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRoad View Post
Uh.... here you go:

1. I never made any negative comments about "rednecks". I'm a proud one myself.
2. I never said I wanted to live near other transplants. That's why I'm moving south... to get away from the northern way.
3. My opinion of cities didn't change because of one person's post. I was simply updating him/her on where we stood in the process.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/images/smilies/smack.gif
Then the Triangle/Raleigh is not for you. Too many northerners and too much diversity. JC Tenn is an excellent choice, though. You'll fit right in. I know someone who had to move there & she said it takes a long while to be accepted there as a transplant, unless you pick the right church. There's alot of poverty and it overflows with rednecks who love guns, you should feel very safe. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2013, 09:35 PM

34 posts, read 139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOver2 View Post
Then the Triangle/Raleigh is not for you. Too many northerners and too much diversity. JC Tenn is an excellent choice, though. You'll fit right in. I know someone who had to move there & she said it takes a long while to be accepted there as a transplant, unless you pick the right church. There's alot of poverty and it overflows with rednecks who love guns, you should feel very safe. Good luck.
Thanks for the post! Yes, JC just moved up a notch on our list. I've been told by other friends/colleagues that it is an area that definitely respects 2nd amendment rights. JC also seems to be quite Christian-friendly, which would obviously be beneficial for our child. Where we currently live, Believers are in the minority... Hence the location search.

Thanks again for your kind, insightful comments.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:18 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,319,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenRoad View Post
Thanks for the post! Yes, JC just moved up a notch on our list. I've been told by other friends/colleagues that it is an area that definitely respects 2nd amendment rights. JC also seems to be quite Christian-friendly, which would obviously be beneficial for our child. Where we currently live, Believers are in the minority... Hence the location search.

Thanks again for your kind, insightful comments.
Anywhere in Tennessee would be a smart choice for you. Conservative and stagnant. Enjoy your move.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
Anywhere in Tennessee would be a smart choice for you. Conservative and stagnant. Enjoy your move.
Thanks Austin. That's just what we're looking for if stagnant means Non-"progressive". We prefer not to have that mindset affecting our child, as in the Mid-Atlantic area. Again, thanks for your insights, and for selling us on JC.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:33 PM

84 posts, read 137,091 times
Is this dude serious?

I think you could easily find exactly what you are looking for BrokenRoad; only problem is finding a source for 1.21 jigawatts to get the DeLorean to Germany in 1939. If you're still in DC I'd suggest mounting an antenna on top of the Washington Monument and waiting for a good storm.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncto... View Post
Is this dude serious?

I think you could easily find exactly what you are looking for BrokenRoad; only problem is finding a source for 1.21 jigawatts to get the DeLorean to Germany in 1939. If you're still in DC I'd suggest mounting an antenna on top of the Washington Monument and waiting for a good storm.
Thanks Uncto... for the comedic relief. I'll take it.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 AM

42 posts, read 71,119 times
Hi,
Not really sure that you are being understood of what you are trying to get away from. Any larger city in any state is going to have many cultures present. The smaller cities might be a good choice. The Carolinas are beautiful and a great place to live, sounds like spending some time in some of the towns would be a good idea.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,706 times
I see this is an older post but I'm curious why does it matter if this person is looking for a predominately white area ? I too am looking for a neighborhood that is mostly of white ethnicity -not ALL KKK glue sniffing white trash but mostly white area l accept 75% Coming from and being raised in a predominately African American town in NY I know it's not what I want for my kids . And that neighborhood which I'm long gone from turned into nothing but iron bars on front doors and windows schools closed down and very scary to walk through all though today and trust me even the blacks from the south would be scared . Everyone has the right to move where they feel comfortable with their families no need to judge if you don't have the answer don't bother replying. Especially when your answers are false with my investigating there are areas of North Carolina that have mostly Asian population areas with mostly white yes most areas African American but definitely white areas I'm searching for. Future home for my family with 5 kids and have friends looking who live there and trust me some areas are not where I want to be not due to race but the surroundings in general. Let people live they way they want nothing wrong with being honest it is a lifetime commitment everyone has the right to choose.

Old 06-16-2014, 01:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,619 times
I also live in the mid-atlantic region, between Baltimore and Washington D.C., and I agree with the OP that the Bmore/D.C. area is not a safe place to raise kids, as it was 20 years ago when I was growing up. As the years have passed, this area has become more and more "diverse"(seems to be the word people are using here). There is no problem with a diverse community, until it brings down the value and safety. I live in what used to be a predominantly white area, with a healthy number of black, Asian, etc.. families, but as the area expanded, more section 8 and low-income housing developments were introduced, bringing a far greater number of the not-so-nice blacks and hispanics. I cannot let me kids play outside of my house without m e being within 10-20 yards of them because of the number of kidnappings, rapes, murders, etc.. that have been occuring since these housing units brought these people in. And yes, there are a couple trailer parks within 15-20 miles that have some very trashy, undesirable white people, so I don't say these things out of racism, purely fact. Statistics do not lie, the majority of crime in America is from blacks and hispanics. Also, most of the racism that I have experienced in my life has been black-on-white racism. I was threatened and assaulted in MY OWN VEHICLE while I was sitting at a stop light. The incident was completely unprovoked, but the guy clearly had racist intents. Know how I figured that out? HE TOLD ME!

To whoever said that white people are the reason we still have racism in America; It is people like you, those who choose to play the victim while attacking others, who will not look past color and let it go.

The OP, who seems to be from close to the same area as I, is completely justified in his question, as I, too, came across this post while looking for SAFE areas in NC to raise my family.

Its really disappointing because apparently the blacks, hispanics, asians, and whoever is involved in this post are clearly so racist against whites that I have been turned off to the idea of living in NC.

To anyone who called the OP a racist, look in the mirror, because you clearly have more racism in you than any of us white people do.

And to the people who claim to be christian whilst verbally attacking the OP, you should think long and hard about what it means to call yourself a christian, because acceptance is one of the big lessons in your sacred book and you just violated that. Congratulations, not only are you racist, but you're overall bigoted hypocrites. People like you are the reason I stopped going to church.

If the OP wants to know which towns are predominantly white because he thinks that means the town will be safer, then just give the man the info and be done, because I'd like to know as well.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany5 View Post
I see this is an older post but I'm curious why does it matter if this person is looking for a predominately white area ? I too am looking for a neighborhood that is mostly of white ethnicity -not ALL KKK glue sniffing white trash but mostly white area l accept 75% Coming from and being raised in a predominately African American town in NY I know it's not what I want for my kids . And that neighborhood which I'm long gone from turned into nothing but iron bars on front doors and windows schools closed down and very scary to walk through all though today and trust me even the blacks from the south would be scared . Everyone has the right to move where they feel comfortable with their families no need to judge if you don't have the answer don't bother replying. Especially when your answers are false with my investigating there are areas of North Carolina that have mostly Asian population areas with mostly white yes most areas African American but definitely white areas I'm searching for. Future home for my family with 5 kids and have friends looking who live there and trust me some areas are not where I want to be not due to race but the surroundings in general. Let people live they way they want nothing wrong with being honest it is a lifetime commitment everyone has the right to choose.
Thank you for understanding my position. It's amazing how people want their opinions respected, but don't return the favor. At the end of the day, we should all be allowed to seek whatever neighborhood we want for our family. Thanks again for "getting it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina