Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 AM

9 posts, read 12,971 times

Advertisements

We will be moving from utah to southern pines in a few months and i'd appreciate any advice on best moving companies/ strategies/ cost. I am only driver with 3 dogs for family van, need help loading/ unloading and driving truck. UPack and add on movers gave me a quote of over 6,000. For a 4 bedroom house. Reasonable? I see lots of likes for Trosa..what is it and do they do long distance? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,060,377 times
TROSA probably doesn't do long distance moving. They are operated by a non-profit organization and their employees are in a job training / rehabilitation program. They are GREAT and do an excellent job.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 AM

22,618 posts, read 36,540,947 times
Have you gotten estimates from national movers (Allied, Mayflower, etc)??? You should really get 3 in-home (NOT over the phone) estimates. We used Allied to move from Long Island to NC and it was about $3,000 - 3 BR house. I packed my stuff but that was it - they did everything else.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 AM

9 posts, read 12,971 times
Thanks for the info and suggestions. TROSA sounds like a good local choice, I'll definitely look them up for the next within-area move. In about a year. I have started to get info from moving companies, with 2 ballpark phone quotes (5,000 from Allied and a ridiculous 13,000 from a forgettable company). Im setting up the walk thrus . Good to hear you had a good experience with Allied. Thanks- I feel more confident . And I'm so looking forward to this move. Now housing.. which areas are a.closer.commute to Fayetteville VA? Pinehurst, Southern Pines , specific neigborhoods? Is Vass/ Lake Surf area much closer? What is the town like? I know some of these are vague questions but.it helps to.hear others opinions and impressions. Thanks!!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM

804 posts, read 1,998,309 times
a little confused on what you are asking -- are you asking about the fayetteville VA hospital? or are asking about (a place that does not exist called) fayetteville, VA?

not sure how much help this forum will be to you as the triangle area doesn't particularly include the southern pines/pinehurst area. you'd probably get more info from people by posting in the main NC forum.

best of luck with your move.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 02-15-2012 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Thanks -- moved thread to the General NC forum

Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,304,117 times
We had a good experience with Allied from NJ to the Pinehurst area.

I would post this on the Utah forum also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina