Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 PM

840 posts, read 778,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Common sense says you wear a seat belt while driving. I guess NC is trying to beat a little common sense into your head.
No they are robbing people. Like I said I don't mind paying 25$ ticket its self for using my rights as a free individual but its robbery plain and simple when I wasn't even planning on going to court in the first place and yet I have to pay 270$ in court costs for the nazi state to make more money...try cutting people off welfare and you can save some damn money instead of ripping people off. I was in a freaking parking lot,I am to big to wear a seat belt and the feminazi pig says well you need a dr's excuse for that...pft yeah whatever stormtrooper. Wife had just got back in the car and was fixing something for our 3 year old son in the back seat when the stalker cop pulled us over...had an attitude from the get go...I was going to be nice if they are nice I am nice...tried to say I was running from her...although I had nothing to run from..I had pulled into the parking lot because I had seen someone I wanted to talk to there but they had left. State troopers have no reason to be in city limits pulling people over that's why we have the county sheriff office and city police neither of which have I ever had a problem with in this town.So now I get to hire a damn lawyer to try and get this garbage reduced or dismissed and get to get my windows tinted so the nazi stormtrooper can't see in my vehicle to make sure I am unbuckled...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:04 PM

840 posts, read 778,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
If people of-age don't want to wear seat belts or helmets, more power to them. We always need more organ donors.
Exactly. My wife almost always wears a seat belt..she had just got back in the car and was helping our son in the back seat...I never wear one because they don't fit. I usually don't have any problems from cops about it because they don't care. Obviously this feminazi had a problem with either men,ron paul supporters or people driving suv's. No idea why. Also no idea why she went up and down the same road twice in less than 5 minutes...I had done nothing wrong. I wasn't speeding nothing...she accused me of trying to run from her because I pulled into a parking lot before I even realized she was behind me...yeah whatever...I will be filing a complaint with the state trooper office.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,411,281 times
Sorry bud there isn't a thing you can do about it. I got a ticket for hitting another car in the back because they slammed on brakes randomly, the ticket was $50 and the court fees were like $130 or somewhere in that range but I called the court and asked if there was a way to waive the fees LUCKILY they said as long as I bring in my insurance documentation I didn't have to pay anything. But I don't know about you.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,121,835 times
First let me tell you it is going to be cheaper to pay the fine and costs then to get a lawyer to fight this. If you have a legal benefit from work you can get some free advise. Since you admit that you don't wear a seatbelt you have to pay the fine when you are caught breaking a law.
Second because of state Repub. lowering Corp. taxes and cutting funding cities,counties and the state court system need to generate income to help defray costs at the local level so welcome to Republicanism.

Old 03-02-2012, 12:29 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,433,126 times
The obvious question: Why weren't you wearing your seatbelts?

Old 03-02-2012, 09:07 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,292,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The obvious question: Why weren't you wearing your seatbelts?
He explain in post #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Government has no right telling me I have to wear a seat belt plain and simple. Court costs are illegal robbery when I had no plans on going to court but now I will be hiring a lawyer to deal with this gestapo tactics of NC.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:07 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,433,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
He explain in post #7
That not an explanation that's an excuse.
Quote:
Government has no right telling me I have to wear a seat belt plain and simple. Court costs are illegal robbery when I had no plans on going to court but now I will be hiring a lawyer to deal with this gestapo tactics of NC.
Seems that you have lost sight of the fact that driving is not a right, it is a privilege.

The cost of a lawyer might also give you some basic math instruction also.

Quote:
I prefer the Ga and SC compared to the nazi cops yall got there in NC. Believe me NC is nothing to be proud of. I loved living in SC...Ga not so much but for different reasons. NC is to damn expensive.
I can tell you how to avoid the NC cops if you are really interested.

Old 03-04-2012, 03:16 PM

3 posts, read 10,135 times
They have every right to tell you that you have to wear your seatbelt because driving is a privilege as said before. Also, when you don't wear your seatbelt and get seriously injured because of it, it costs the state money. And, why would you not wear a seatbelt especially if you have kids? what kind of example does that show them? and What if you get seriously injured.....or dead, then what?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,214,771 times
I am a firm believer in the seat belt law but I do have a question about getting the ticket in a private parking lot? Didn't think they could do that? Oh, and the reason our government has implemented this law is to try to keep injuries down and to keep insurance costs down etc. Yeah, who wants to wear a helmet on a bike either but it's for the same reasons. My BIL does have a Dr.s note to release him of wearing a seat belt in CA because of back problems--he could end up with more then back problems by not wearing his seat belt but that's his business. You don't want to go by the rules then pay the fine...end of story! I do hope you put your kids in safty seats etc! As far as the Troopers being better in SC--we will just have to agree to disagree on that one!

Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
If people of-age don't want to wear seat belts or helmets, more power to them. We always need more organ donors.
The problem comes in when they don't die and we tax payers have to pay for their ICU beds and extended hospital stays, life support or rehabilitation to the tune of millions of dollars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina