Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 5,980 times

Advertisements

Hello ALL!

I'm hoping for some candid advice. I currently live in NY and I am in my final year of Graduate school in the Higher Education Administration.
I am interested in moving to North Carolina. (Don't know what part, as yet)
But I first want to know about the administration jobs in colleges....if anyone has any thoughts or advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Particularily, what cities would prompt the most jobs/better salaries.
I don't have children and I am engaged already....my fiance' and I both are looking to move south for the modest cost of living and relaxing weather.

Also, do you think South Carolina would be better?

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 03:35 PM

5 posts, read 5,980 times
Wow. I guess not.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:55 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncscbound View Post
Wow. I guess not.
Patience is a virtue.

If nobody answered your question, it's because nobody knew an answer to give you.

In general, it's best to scope out jobs through sites devoted to a particular industry (if you're about to finish up a program, surely they have a career placement center? They would have all the "higher Ed job-hunting websites" for where to start, no?

Please don't expect a forum like this to be the answer to all of your job-hunting questions. You don't even know what area of the state you want, or even if you want this state, so how are we supposed to guide you?

Maybe you'll find answers to your more general questions in the Education forum? But usually people post on the state forums once they've narrowed it down to a certain area, asking about that area.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 AM

804 posts, read 2,003,983 times
like many areas of employment, higher education is suffering due to the economy. your best bet for your sort of employment is probably reviewing jobs at the chronicle of higher education & going from there.

Home - The Chronicle of Higher Education

academia will always be going where the jobs are located. in all honest, we have a number of great colleges & universities in the area but many people are relocating here so job competition is great.

best of luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina