U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:50 PM

1 posts, read 4,883 times

Advertisements

No way you live in Rocky Mount. The city hasnt been nice in 40 years and the mall is a ghetto hell hole. Use to be decent when it opened way back in 1986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,699 times
Let me let you guys in on a well known fact Lumberton NC is more dangerous than Rocky Mount by a mile and its a smaller city check the statistics on North Carolinas most dangerous cities and see were the two cities rank on this list Lumberton is No.3 and Rocky Mount is around No.30

Old 09-16-2014, 10:34 PM

27 posts, read 80,257 times
Rocky Mount is number 2 behind Lumberton in violent crime on the FBI report.

There are shootings every night in Rocky Mount.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimetrious View Post
Let me let you guys in on a well known fact Lumberton NC is more dangerous than Rocky Mount by a mile and its a smaller city check the statistics on North Carolinas most dangerous cities and see were the two cities rank on this list Lumberton is No.3 and Rocky Mount is around No.30
Uhh, not by a mile lol. Both are extremely, extremely dangerous.

Its like comparing a Pinto to a Yugo.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 AM

62 posts, read 162,070 times
As a current resident of Rocky Mount since 2005, I feel safe & secure here. I've never been harassed, intimidated, or a crime victim. The high crime statistics are true in rocky mount. Some areas are blighted and disproportionately targets of crime. Generally though, the commercial areas are friendly safe places. Many neighborhoods are very safe too. If you don't associate with dope sellers & users, don't go clubbn', don't stay out walking the streets all night, and don't go looking for trouble then your likely not going to find trouble. There are chronic problems with unparented youth that are attracted to the above behaviors. But the average person is safe and rocky Mount is a good place to visit or live.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenne View Post
As a current resident of Rocky Mount since 2005, I feel safe & secure here. I've never been harassed, intimidated, or a crime victim. The high crime statistics are true in rocky mount. Some areas are blighted and disproportionately targets of crime. Generally though, the commercial areas are friendly safe places. Many neighborhoods are very safe too. If you don't associate with dope sellers & users, don't go clubbn', don't stay out walking the streets all night, and don't go looking for trouble then your likely not going to find trouble. There are chronic problems with unparented youth that are attracted to the above behaviors. But the average person is safe and rocky Mount is a good place to visit or live.
If you feel safe and secure in Rocky Mount, I want to know what you are on.

I have friends who live in Candlewood, still probably the nicest overall neighborhood in Rocky Mount and their house has gotten broken into twice in the last year.

Old 09-20-2014, 05:01 PM

6,272 posts, read 10,028,195 times
Well, out of curiosity, I typed in "Rocky Mount" on a youtube search and the following was the first video that popped up.

Rocky Mount, NC ...a City Left to Rot - YouTube

Old 09-21-2014, 12:11 PM

10,691 posts, read 11,318,772 times
I-95 is a bad, bad road in NC.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM

62 posts, read 162,070 times
That video is funny. The producer selected the worst of the worst homes to create lyrics false image of the city. I can go produce a video showing many beautiful homes to create imagery too. There are abandoned homes in every town & city. The city demolishes 20-30 of these rates holes a year so kudos to the city for doing something about it. Has anyone seen the remodeled downtown? It's beautiful. We are getting a huge Brewmill too that will retrofit an old cotton factory.

It's annoying that there are 'hard core' rocky Mount haters who comment passionately yet don't live in the city. There are things I don't like in rocky mount too. We need more independent restaurants and family activities. We need some of the youth to be parented. Can't we shame bad parents?! Some youth are beyond saving because they were neglected and abused by selfish inept parents (procreaters) and now roam the street without hope, inspiration, nor moral compass. Rocky Mount needs lower utilities. Natural gas is crazy high. We need a Wegmans because it's the greatest grocery store ever.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Tenne, give it up. Rocky Mount is the worst hell hole east of I-95 outside of Kinston. Use to live there in the 90s and it was crap then. Its way worse now.

And what downtown are you talking about? Rocky Mount has the worst looking dead downtown Ive ever seen for a place of its size. A few sidewalk projects isnt going to do jack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina