U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 07:22 AM

62 posts, read 162,070 times

Advertisements

Yes, that is a lot of success! Have you visited the Imperial center, the sports complex, veterans memorial? They are outstanding places. Have you seen the renovation downtown that has made main street look beautiful? If rocky Mount is such a fail, then why was the Thomas Betts Highway built? Why widen hunter Hill? These are state projects that look at future travel needs. So more highways and wider roads equals higher projected traffic.

Where do you live Balrog? I'm a happy and proud resident of Rocky Mount. My family can live anywhere, we choose rocky Mount. I respect your freedom to hopefully not live in rocky mount as you are very negative and really don't like the city. I hope you can find a place you are proud to call home as I call rocky Mount mine.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 07:42 AM

For the record Balrog I have excellent reading ccomprehension and responded to your exact words that half the city looked like the video. The video features only abandoned buildings, so you were in essence saying half of Rocky Mount is abandoned, understand? Maybe not. But please refrain from personal attacks in future posts as its against the rules. Also please stop saying I'm Andre Knight as I am not him nor have any affiliation to him. Why do you try to cast me into being a rocky Mount politician? Another way to try to belittle my comments? Why do you keep talking about the event center in this thread? It's not relevant.

As for rocky Mount being dangerous, it's only dangerous to those who seek illicit drugs, late night partying, and ill behavior. A look at assault, robbery, and murder details will quickly demonstrate that the victims are associated with the criminal or doing something listed above.

It's not MA & PA at Harris teeter getting murdered randomly.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:16 AM

27 posts, read 80,257 times
LOL, Im getting trolled to death here but Im taking the bait. The $$$ to put lipstick on a pig known as downtown Rocky Mount was an utter joke. Its more deserted than any time before. The ONLY reason to go down there is to eat at the PrimeSmokehouse.

If you arnt Andre Knight, you sure do remind me of him. Throwing $$$ at road and street widening projects does not equal any kind of success. Its not going to attract legit businesses in Rocky Mount.

You do realize Rocky Mount has a dreadful literacy rate? Young people have been moving away from that hell hole for years now. There are simply no real opportunities for young people. Its ashame but its reality. You arnt living in it.

And about crime, sorry but a good chunk of it is in the "better areas" whether you dont want to admit it. A few months ago a man was shot in his house in the Englewood area and was robbed.

West Haven, Englewood, and some others have break-ins galore. There was an armed robbery a couple of weeks ago at the Doubletree hotel which might be the nicest in Rocky Mount. Tons of armed robberies along the nicer parts of sunset ave. and 301.

If there was a shootout at Harris Teeter, nobody would be surprised. I do know that Harris Teeter in Westridge has had problems in the past.

Last edited by Balrog80; 09-29-2014 at 01:35 AM..

Old 09-29-2014, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenne View Post
Yes, that is a lot of success! Have you visited the Imperial center, the sports complex, veterans memorial? They are outstanding places. Have you seen the renovation downtown that has made main street look beautiful? If rocky Mount is such a fail, then why was the Thomas Betts Highway built? Why widen hunter Hill? These are state projects that look at future travel needs. So more highways and wider roads equals higher projected traffic.

Where do you live Balrog? I'm a happy and proud resident of Rocky Mount. My family can live anywhere, we choose rocky Mount. I respect your freedom to hopefully not live in rocky mount as you are very negative and really don't like the city. I hope you can find a place you are proud to call home as I call rocky Mount mine.

Just about everywhere in NC is nicer than Rocky Mount. You dont make any sense.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Rocky Mount might as well be our states East St. Louis, IL, minus a major city right next door.
Half of Rocky Mount truly does look like that video. The buildings and houses may not be abandoned, but it looks godawful.

People have described the edgecombe county side as a war zone. They arnt too far off.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:27 AM

A war zone? Wow, you just motivated me to go out and start posting pics. It's incredulous the blatant fallacies you pen here. I will take pics of various neighborhoods and enlighten you to the reality. I will go to the city housing too and show you the beautiful homes in the 'projects' that help low income earners.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:25 AM

Beautiful homes in the projects? Yeah you are a troll.

Old 10-02-2014, 09:32 AM

Ive never personally described the Edgecombe side as a war zone, but others have. LOL at you getting so bent out of shape over it. I dont know what kind of capacity of Rocky Mount you work for but you dont do a good job of trying to control its PR.

Either way, its a craphole of epic proportions.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:59 AM

118 posts, read 149,304 times
Default censor me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper65280 View Post
according to Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
The population in 2010 was 61.3% black: Rocky Mount (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 10-03-2014, 11:35 AM

Closer to 70 percent in 2014
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina