Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 10:16 AM

27 posts, read 116,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Well, out of curiosity, I typed in "Rocky Mount" on a youtube search and the following was the first video that popped up.

Rocky Mount, NC ...a City Left to Rot - YouTube

Rocky Mount's PR guy Tenne would like to say thats an outlier, but its not. A good chunk of Rocky Mount looks like that.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenne View Post
That video is funny. The producer selected the worst of the worst homes to create lyrics false image of the city. I can go produce a video showing many beautiful homes to create imagery too. There are abandoned homes in every town & city. The city demolishes 20-30 of these rates holes a year so kudos to the city for doing something about it. Has anyone seen the remodeled downtown? It's beautiful. We are getting a huge Brewmill too that will retrofit an old cotton factory.

It's annoying that there are 'hard core' rocky Mount haters who comment passionately yet don't live in the city. There are things I don't like in rocky mount too. We need more independent restaurants and family activities. We need some of the youth to be parented. Can't we shame bad parents?! Some youth are beyond saving because they were neglected and abused by selfish inept parents (procreaters) and now roam the street without hope, inspiration, nor moral compass. Rocky Mount needs lower utilities. Natural gas is crazy high. We need a Wegmans because it's the greatest grocery store ever.
But the question is how much money, energy, and time would have to be devoted to change the city for the better? With finite resources, is it worth it? Or is it better to keep it self contained, and help other cities that are closer to prospering?

Old 09-22-2014, 12:49 PM

63 posts, read 203,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balrog80 View Post
Rocky Mount's PR guy Tenne would like to say thats an outlier, but its not. AI ever make good Mount looks Iike that.
LOL, pr guy? No I'm just a family man living in a city I enjoy. No, Most of Rocky Mount looks nothing like that video. It's an outright lie to say otherwise. And someone wall it off, that would neat so I can say I live in a gated community!

I must be like Rambo living here in rocky mount. Look out for me & my minivan riding family! how do I survive week to week living in rocky mount. I have a 4 ft white picket fence in my yard to ward off the non stop intruders and attackers. The crime is so bad in rocky mount I had to get a domestic short hair cat for protection . sure my doormat says welcome, but I lock the doors when I leave my house, Gasp! There are families that ride their bikes down my street, but I read city data, so I know they are casing the homes. I'll try to keep you updated on my survivalist skills in Rocky Mount, if I don't respond please assume the worst. Afterall, that's what is what is projected by some here.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:09 AM

At least half of Rocky Mount looks like that, stop lying.

Yes, you are a PR guy of some kind. Nobody would go to these great lengths to defend a craphole like this.

I also see Rocky Mount just approved a 50 million dollar plus 5,000 seat arena. Wow, talk about a joke of a place. Even the awful location is secondary compared to building the thing in the first place. Rocky Mount couldnt support such a place 40 years ago when it was thriving. Rocky Mount already has the Dunn Center and Gateway Center, yet the Dunn Center can barely survive, lol.

That $$$ obviously should have gone to more police and other services, but Rocky Mount's all black city council would call you a racist If you were opposed to the arena, lol. Wouldnt surprise me If you are Andre Knight himself.

At this point I bet holes like Lumberton and Kinston are better run.

Last edited by Balrog80; 09-23-2014 at 02:40 AM..

Old 09-23-2014, 02:44 AM

There needs to be a national news story on that. You dont plop a 5,000 seat arena in a DEAD, deserted downtown. You only do that when the downtown is already hopping with people.

The first event there will probably be a shooting.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:
There needs to be aMount national news story on that. You dont plop a 5,000 seat arena in a DEAD, deserted downtown. You only do that when the downtown is already hopping with people.

The first event there will probably be a shooting.
Umm, you see all our hotels constantly filled up don't you?! That doesn't seem 'deserted'. Also the incredible success of the sports fields for hosting baseball leagues brings in many people. Wesleyan college increased its student body by 400 and has the largest class ever.

Seriously, go troll elsewhere. Rocky Mount is moving forward and it drives you crazy to see its success.

The Imperial center
Renovated downtown
Veterans Memorial
Sports complex
Thomas a Betts Highway
Widening of hunter Hill and country club road
Wesleyan college largest class ever!
The Brewmill renovation
The farmers market buildings
Selling the city electric grid to Duke energy
And yes soon an Event Center!

Wow, lots of success in rocky mount.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:34 AM

Quote:
At least half of Rocky Mount looks like that, stop lying.

Yes, you are a PR guy of some kind. Nobody would go to these great lengths to cover nd a craphole l this.

I also see Rogers unt just approved a 50 million dollar plus 5,000 seat arena. Wow, talk about a joke of a place. Even the awful location is secondary compared to building the thing in the first place. Rocky Mount couldnt support such a place 40 years ago when it was thriving. Rocky Mount already has the Dunn Center and Gateway Center, yet the Dunn Center can barely survive, lol.

That $$$ obviously should have gone to more police and other services, but Rocky Mount's all black city council would call you a racist If you were opposed to the arena, lol. Wouldnt surprise me If you are Andre Knight himself.

At this point I bet holes like Lumberton and Kinston are better run.

So you're saying half the homes in rocky mount are abandoned? Because the video shows abandoned homes. That would mean rocky Mount has at least 10,000 empty, abandoned homes. That is a ridiculous lie.

Also, a you say a shooting will be at the first event center event? Wow, that is quite the prediction. I'll be sure to have my children wear hearing protection to cover their ears from all the gunfire. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:42 AM

Quote:
So you're saying half the homes in rocky mount are abandoned? Because the video shows abandoned homes. That would mean rocky Mount has at least 10,000 empty, abandoned homes. That is a ridiculous lie.

Also, a you say a shooting will be at the first event center event? Wow, that is quite the prediction. I'll be sure to have my children wear hearing protection to cover their ears from all the gunfire. Thanks for the heads up.

Holy reading comprehension batman. Obviously half of Rocky Mount looks like that. I dont know how many abandoned houses are in Rocky Mount, but nearly half of the city looks ghetto.

And yes, my prediction of a shooting at the events center is probably more correct than it making any $$$ at all. They have even admitted it will lose money its first 5 years, LOL.

Like I said, they need to do a national news story on this laughable project. The joke deserted location where NOBODY wants to go is secondary. Even If they had it in a nicer spot in Nash County it would still be as big a joke.

What events will they have there to suit a 5,000 seat arena? LOLLLLLLL What can it attract away from Raleigh and Durham? Its utterly mind boggling how stupid it is to even think about it.

Last edited by Balrog80; 09-25-2014 at 04:07 AM..

Old 09-25-2014, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Umm, you see all our hotels constantly filled up don't you?! That doesn't seem 'deserted'. Also the incredible success of the sports fields for hosting baseball leagues brings in many people. Wesleyan college increased its student body by 400 and has the largest class ever.

Seriously, go troll elsewhere. Rocky Mount is moving forward and it drives you crazy to see its success.

The Imperial center
Renovated downtown
Veterans Memorial
Sports complex
Thomas a Betts Highway
Widening of hunter Hill and country club road
Wesleyan college largest class ever!
The Brewmill renovation
The farmers market buildings
Selling the city electric grid to Duke energy
And yes soon an Event Center!

Wow, lots of success in rocky mount.

This is called moving forward with LOTS of success? Thats pretty sad. Its like putting lipstick on a pig. And you are so delusional in defending a craphole like Rocky Mount you think Im a troll, lol.

Again, reading comprehension fail time. I said the downtown was deserted. Rocky Mount hasnt had any hotels downtown since the 70s, other than the Carlton house. The hotels around the winstead ave exit is the ONLY thing Rocky Mount has going for it, and its mostly people just stopping off for the night. Thats the one thing it has over a hole like Kinston, which isnt very braggable, sadly.

My parents went to Wesleyan when it was actually a decent college in the 60s. Today the average student is so bad Nash Community college probably has a better overall student.

And you didnt even address how much a drain the Dunn Center is on the college. The Dunn center barely has any events, so why does Rocky Mount need a 5,000 seat, 50 million plus arena? Unless you are Andre Knight himself you are the troll here.

You cant come to grips that Rocky Mount is the 2nd worst place east of I-95 after Kinston. Everybody knows this but you, LOLLL

Last edited by Balrog80; 09-25-2014 at 04:02 AM..

Old 09-25-2014, 09:37 AM

8,801 posts, read 10,235,741 times
Rocky Mount might as well be our states East St. Louis, IL, minus a major city right next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina