U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 PM
 
3,321 posts, read 5,179,766 times
Reputation: 2359

Advertisements

Greenville City Council voted against the amendment as well.

 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 PM
 
3,271 posts, read 2,636,182 times
Reputation: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Come on now, there are some native NC's that are against the amendment. Don't think its only Yankees that will move the political meter.
True, but it falls largely along the same generational and rural/urban divide among natives as it does yankees.
 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Reputation: 14925
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
True, but it falls largely along the same generational and rural/urban divide among natives as it does yankees.
From what I have been gathering lately it seems there is more in rural areas are for amendment and urban areas are against.

I wonder after the election if there will be map displaying how each county voted on this amendment.

CNN does great maps, maybe they will have a map. If someone comes across result map feel free to post it.
 
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM
 
Location: In bed with Madonna
475 posts, read 399,899 times
Reputation: 408

Rise Up Against Amendment One - YouTube!
 
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 PM
 
3,271 posts, read 2,636,182 times
Reputation: 1440
Final NC Primary Poll - Public Policy Polling

The final PPP poll just came out and it's not looking too hot for the anti-amendment folks. 55-39 in favor, which is about what it was a week ago. Maybe there'll be a big push between now and Tuesday, but it likely won't be enough. It might have been in the Republicans' favor to have the amendment on the primary ballot all along since according to the poll's crosstabs over 70% of likely primary voters in both parties are over 45.
 
Old 05-06-2012, 11:13 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times
Reputation: 8282
 
Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 PM
 
16,300 posts, read 24,950,506 times
Reputation: 8282
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Final NC Primary Poll - Public Policy Polling

The final PPP poll just came out and it's not looking too hot for the anti-amendment folks. 55-39 in favor, which is about what it was a week ago. Maybe there'll be a big push between now and Tuesday, but it likely won't be enough. It might have been in the Republicans' favor to have the amendment on the primary ballot all along since according to the poll's crosstabs over 70% of likely primary voters in both parties are over 45.
Just because they are bigoted and hateful people, doesn't mean they are stupid. Getting this on the ballot in an election that is primarily a republican primary was smart, for the simple reason most republicans ain't.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 AM
 
Location: Garner, NC
351 posts, read 552,088 times
Reputation: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
I'm glad to see your reasons for it.......
Didn't know I was supposed to. But OK.

God is first and foremost in my life. He sent His Son to die for my sins and through Him, I now have the promise of eternal life. That was a debt I could NEVER repay. Now living with that promise gives me such a peaceful feeling, words can't describe it.

You can claim I "hate" people and call me hick, backwards, or whatever. I don't care.

The fact is as a Christian, I love all people. So much so, I pray for their salvation through Christ. I am by no means a perfect person. I still have sin in my life everyday. But for me to vote in a manner that accepts what scripture points out as sin, I absolutely can not do. No more so than to not vote against adultery, pedophilia, or bestiality.

You asked why? There it is. I hate NO ONE here in this thread and I will pray for you all.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 12:24 AM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,581,142 times
Reputation: 14925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
Didn't know I was supposed to. But OK.

God is first and foremost in my life. He sent His Son to die for my sins and through Him, I now have the promise of eternal life. That was a debt I could NEVER repay. Now living with that promise gives me such a peaceful feeling, words can't describe it.

You can claim I "hate" people and call me hick, backwards, or whatever. I don't care.

The fact is as a Christian, I love all people. So much so, I pray for their salvation through Christ. I am by no means a perfect person. I still have sin in my life everyday. But for me to vote in a manner that accepts what scripture points out as sin, I absolutely can not do. No more so than to not vote against adultery, pedophilia, or bestiality.

You asked why? There it is. I hate NO ONE here in this thread and I will pray for you all.
Your fine with your beliefs, I am a Christian too. If that only reason you have but why are you for Amendment when this state already has a law that states One Man and One Woman

Either way this Amendment goes only man and woman can marry in NC.

This Amendment passes there going to court cases bogging the system.
Are you not for less government.
 
Old 05-07-2012, 02:59 AM
 
Location: In bed with Madonna
475 posts, read 399,899 times
Reputation: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
Didn't know I was supposed to. But OK.

God is first and foremost in my life. He sent His Son to die for my sins and through Him, I now have the promise of eternal life. That was a debt I could NEVER repay. Now living with that promise gives me such a peaceful feeling, words can't describe it.

You can claim I "hate" people and call me hick, backwards, or whatever. I don't care.

The fact is as a Christian, I love all people. So much so, I pray for their salvation through Christ. I am by no means a perfect person. I still have sin in my life everyday. But for me to vote in a manner that accepts what scripture points out as sin, I absolutely can not do. No more so than to not vote against adultery, pedophilia, or bestiality.

You asked why? There it is. I hate NO ONE here in this thread and I will pray for you all.
Im a Christian too but an open minded one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top