Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Amendment 1
Yes, I support it 27 18.49%
No, I do not support it 119 81.51%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 02:11 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
You people are incredible. Reading through this forum, you'd think Hitler was back from the dead and on the rampage in North Carolina.
No, Hitler was a smart man, though with some sick agendas, these people are just stupid to core and demonstrate the faith.

Of course the accurate definition of faith is: "The arrogance of ignorance", and yep, the got plenty of both.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:12 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,191,456 times

Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
This marriage amendment is already having repercussions. Obama is now supporting same sex marriage. This might seal his fate come this fall.
So a guy that wears "magic underwear" to please his sky guy can take over We're fricking done

Old 05-09-2012, 02:16 PM

314 posts, read 639,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
This thread makes me throw up in my mouth a little.
Indeed. One of the worst parts is that so many people can support evil stuff in the name of Christianity. Imagine what God's thinking about all of this.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 PM

2,603 posts, read 5,017,960 times
Quote:
Some of the smartest people I've ever met didn't have a degree. Some of the best free thinkers I ever met didn't have a degree. Some of the most indoctrinated people I ever met had 4 year or longer degrees. I'm sorry but getting a degree doesn't show intelligence.
I've known intelligent people without degrees. But they've all wished they had gotten one.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Some of the smartest people I've ever met didn't have a degree. Some of the best free thinkers I ever met didn't have a degree. Some of the most indoctrinated people I ever met had 4 year or longer degrees. I'm sorry but getting a degree doesn't show intelligence.
That's just your opinion, mixed with a little outrage and non-factual information, the typical response of those that only have outrage as a talking point.

Now a few 4 letter words fact(s)

Most polls show that about 90% of the general public believes in a personal God; yet 93% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences do not.

The question is not why 93% have discarded the superstitions of the bronze age, but why 7% have not.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 05-09-2012 at 02:41 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 02:47 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That's just your opinion, mixed with a little outrage and non-factual information, the typical response of those that only have outrage as a talking point.

Now a few 4 letter words fact(s)

Most polls show that about 90% of the general public believes in a personal God; yet 93% of the members of the National Academy of Sciences do not.

The question is not why 93% have discarded the superstitions of the bronze age, but why 7% have not.
There is no outrage in my post, its just my opinion to someone calling people dumb. You however love to talk down to people. Does it help you feel better about yourself.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,583,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
let me guess... you live in Rowan County?

lololololol.

well let me counter you here. the smartest people I've met, all had advanced degrees. And the smartest man I know has a Ph.D. I'd wager my entire worth that he'd humble anyone you've ever brushed across, especially your preacher.
I love the broad brush you paint with. Your whole worth huh? Either you don't have too much, or your a hell of gambler. I'm trying to think of the smartest person I've ever encountered, and most are advanced in age and realize that there's more they don't know then they do. I also don't know what my preacher has to do with anything?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
There is no outrage in my post, its just my opinion to someone calling people dumb. You however love to talk down to people. Does it help you feel better about yourself.
Your point was invalid, irrational, and incorrect outside of your circle of friends, public service of just pointing that out.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:02 PM

606 posts, read 903,119 times
I voted against it. My family voted against it. And despite the backlashing many of my conservative friends are getting, they also voted against it. I have liberal christian friends that voted against it. I have conservative christian friends that voted against it. I have black christian friends that voted against it. I have native NCers friends that voted against it. I have transplant friends that voted against it.

It seems many want to label the "against" votes as from one specific demographic. It's simply not the case. I wish this wouldn't have passed. Many people I know are heartbroken that this passed.

The "marriage" term if ever belonging to religion was lost to the states the moment it was required that you needed a license for marriage. I will never understand why people are hung up on that term and feel they own it. I am legally married in the state of NC and no mention of God was brought into it for me to become legally married. We did not have a religious ceremony. All the rights I enjoy from being married are given from the state and the federal government, not a church.

People should have the right to the pursuit of their own happiness. Everyone that doesn't agree with them has the right to continue to live their own life in accordance with their own beliefs. I don't understand why someone else's marriage is ever anyone else's business.

I stand for equality for ALL citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina