U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 11:42 PM

16,438 posts, read 19,081,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
In the end, most of this "civil union issue" comes down to religion more than anything else. The people posting in these threads about "moral", "family", "tradition", "sanctity" is an old school Christian - would bet big on that. Their opinion on this issue is driven by their religious belief. So I admit to finding it mildly amusing when your stereotypical bible-thumper is faced with the cold hard POTUS choice of a true christian incumbent vs. a fake christian Mormon in November. That's going to be a funny one.
I agree with much of what you've said, and I'm dismayed with both political parties. I take issue only with your contention that Obama is a "true" Christian. He can't be with his actions. Romney is a true Mormon, not to be confused with a true Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 05:38 AM

2,640 posts, read 6,060,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I agree with much of what you've said, and I'm dismayed with both political parties. I take issue only with your contention that Obama is a "true" Christian. He can't be with his actions. Romney is a true Mormon, not to be confused with a true Christian.
Please explain.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:18 AM

14,078 posts, read 8,977,799 times
Quote:
Bush claimed to be a Christian I hope that's not the standard your going by.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:37 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,456,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
You guys are sort of making my point. I haven't quoted them one bit. My whole point is why do we put all these people on such a pedestal? In the morning, they put their britches on one leg at a time, just like we do.

If I was quoting a looooong list of like-minded folks who have said things supporting the amendment, then I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. But the fact that some famous people agree or disagree with me is irrelevant to why I voted for the amendment.
As I stated in the post of mine which you quoted here - on this point, we agree.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:45 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,887,849 times
Quote:
The citizens of 32 states disagree with you. More are coming.
No, there are lots of ignorant people in 32 states, and like segregation and all the racial discrimination of the past this all will be overturned.

The stupid will still be stupid, but they will no longer be able to impose their stupidity on others.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:08 AM

164 posts, read 312,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
No, there are lots of ignorant people in 32 states, and like segregation and all the racial discrimination of the past this all will be overturned.

The stupid will still be stupid, but they will no longer be able to impose their stupidity on others.
Very true. I enjoy reading Google News Archives. I cringe at remarks of "educated" people like Judge Thomas Pickens Brady and Robert P Paterson speaking about the majority wanting segregated schools. It is so disgusting what the majority thought was the right thing to do back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina