Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times

Advertisements

When comedians' views on public policy do more than entertain...well that speaks volumes. And happy Mother's Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
I think I've taken pretty much everything you've all thrown at me and thrown it right back even harder.
You really have not. You don't even answer half the stuff, and when you do answer, you talk about some side issue and manage to ignore the whole point.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM

351 posts, read 632,709 times
What point have I missed here? Enlighten me.

All I see is Asheville getting all bent because an entertainer talks bad about NC. Wooooo.

Then others cry about how its gonna cost jobs or some other crap like that.

Y'all gotta quit grasping at any and every little thing you can. You look silly.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
What point have I missed here? Enlighten me.

All I see is Asheville getting all bent because an entertainer talks bad about NC. Wooooo.
If they are so deluded by their hate they can't even recognize themselves in the mirror of reality. You're the one all bent out of shape over it, otherwise you wouldn't have brought it up.

Quote:
Then others cry about how its gonna cost jobs or some other crap like that.

Y'all gotta quit grasping at any and every little thing you can. You look silly.
It is going to cost jobs, sorry it ain't yours, but I doubt you hold one that many would want. But if it were yours I suspect you would be crying in your BPR down at the Suds and Dumb Ass's.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-14-2012 at 09:06 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 08:48 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,769 times
I'm just curious as to how you come up with the fact that someone who doesn't have the same opinions as you... automatically means that they are "bigots", "Stupid", and just "hate" everyone else. What happened to people being able to have different opinions.. and that's what made America GREAT!? That is why there is voting.. and different states... etc.

Not sure why everyone says to be "open minded" - yet they same people that say that can't accept when someone has a different opinion. It doesn't seem very fair to me.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:39 AM

164 posts, read 357,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasershen111 View Post
I'm just curious as to how you come up with the fact that someone who doesn't have the same opinions as you... automatically means that they are "bigots", "Stupid", and just "hate" everyone else. What happened to people being able to have different opinions.. and that's what made America GREAT!? That is why there is voting.. and different states... etc.

Not sure why everyone says to be "open minded" - yet they same people that say that can't accept when someone has a different opinion. It doesn't seem very fair to me.

What if the majority still had an opionion that blacks has to sit in the back of the bus? Or that blacks could not marry whites? Or that women should not vote? Etc.

They are ALL opinons. And they are opinons that come from bigots.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 AM

460 posts, read 1,017,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper View Post
What if the majority still had an opinon that blacks has to sit in the back of the bus? Or that blacks could not marry whites? Or that women should not vote? Etc.

They are ALL opinons. And they are opinons that come from bigots.

I don't think that is an accurate last statement. But then again... we are all entitled to our opinions and I respect that you have yours. If someone has the opinion that blacks should sit on the back of the bus.. that's their damn opinion.. doesn't mean ANYTHING to anyone elses opinion. No it doesn't necessarily make it right... but that, again, is why people have the opportunity to vote and make choices. The reason all races are considered equal is because people fought for it to be that way. Now who has the "right" opinion.. and how has the "wrong" opinion... for all of these social issues we may never know... because facts aren't the basis for these kinds of opinions in many circumstances...

That is why there is a Federal Government, and State governments. If people in certain states want their states to be a certain way.. they are going to vote for it. And if people don't like it.. they can move to states that vote differently!!! And I think people should just make their choices, based on the many circumstances, experiences, beliefs, that they have, and unless they are causing serious harm to someone... everyone go on their marry way.. and accept that not everyone is the same!

I just wanted to point out how angry and hateful everyone seems on here...

Old 05-14-2012, 11:42 AM

164 posts, read 357,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasershen111 View Post
If people in certain states want their states to be a certain way.. they are going to vote for it. And if people don't like it.. they can move to states that vote differently!!!
You are very wrong to think you should vote on things and if it does not go your way, you should just move to another state.

With that line of thinking: So let's pretend if years ago we would have voted on the issue of "should blacks go to school with whites", and most people voted "No way. Keep blacks with blacks and whites with whites. Afterall, nobody is being hurt".

I should just move to a different state that allows blacks to go to schools with whites? Majority ruled. Don't like it, move to where blacks are accepted!

Really?

Old 05-14-2012, 11:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Mod Note
Guys,Gals Lets refrain from calling each other names or flaming as it is against TOS, rules everyone agree to upon registering.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:15 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
A guy like Jon Stewart (or a Bill Maher) is an entertainer who leverages an endless pool of silly politics to make very funny skits, shows, and programs. They find the humor in current events. A guy like Rush Limbaugh is a bigoted drug addict using politics and current events to incite hate and fear without a single stitch of entertainment value. Comparing these 2 polar opposites to have any similarities just simply is not feasible...

People all over the world are laughing at NC's vote on this subject - with or without Jon Stewart making fun of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina