Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

Comedians tweeted on twitter:

Mary Charlene My name is Mary Charlene and it has been 0 days since my last yeast infection.
Quote:
Last night I orally pleasured another lady using the North Carolina flag as a dental dam.
Mike Drucker Comedian, Contributing writer for The Onion & Saturday Night
Quote:
Dear North Carolina, I was going to write you a long letter about your bigoted denial of love but - LOL - you can't read.
Danny Zuker Writer/Exec Producer on ABC's Modern Family.
Quote:
"Marriage should be between a Man Cousin and a Woman Cousin." North Carolina Amendment 1 supporter
Dana Gould - Comedian, writer, as heard on The Dana Gould Hour podcast.
Quote:
Now that religious conservatives in N. Carolina have "saved" marriage, they can go back to forgetting that their uncle grabbed their balls.
Liam McEneaney is an oaf, a layabout, and a comedian/writer.
Quote:
If North Carolina really hates gay people, they would legalize gay marriage but make gay divorce against the law.
Jason Mustian -Hello! Do you like some things, yet dislike other things? HI
Quote:
OK North Carolina, but what if the two dudes are cousins?
Fake AP Stylebook Style tips for proper writing.
Quote:
BREAKING: For all North Carolina editions, "gay" has reverted to its previous "owner of haberdashery" definition.
mileskahn Writer, Director, Daily Show Producer and beard enthusiast.
Quote:
North Carolina is totally gay for hate.
Morgan Murphy i like: boxing. whiskey. naps. documentaries. also i say and write jokes.
Quote:
North Carolina knows it's America's oldest "top," right?
mark normand Gay for women! marknormandcomedy.com
Quote:
It's sad that this is now the one fact I know about North Carolina.
bashir salahuddin orks at lat night with Jimmy fallon

Quote:
Oh, North Carolina, you're so beautiful...on the outside.
Gary Younge Columnist for The Guardian and The Nation.
Quote:
Now North Carolina's preserved the sanctity of marriage we can all get back to the John Edwards trial & how he cheated on his dying wife.
Cobra Commander How dare you anticipate my strategy!
Quote:
Looks like we have some recruiting to do in the great state of North Carolina.
Russell Brand Russell Brand
Quote:
If I ever find myself in North Carolina I shall marry a man just to feel safe.
Zach Braff Twitter friend to over 496,000 of the sexiest mofos on Earth. Right now I live in Los Angeles. As a teen I sometimes dry-humped pillows.
Quote:
Well @donald_faison , I guess we can cross North Carolina off the retirement state list.
Nick Youssef L.A based stand up comic.
Quote:
That was really South Carolina of you, North Carolina.
Alex Baze
Cynical shell. Soft, chewy center.NYC

Quote:
The people of North Carolina are now free to enjoy their marriages without having to feel "oogy".
Alex Blagg Writer/Comedian/Producer/Internet Idiot.
Quote:
It's okay, North Carolina. We'll let you re-apply for citizenship in civilization again soon.
Joe Veix Writer and comedian. Contributor to McSweeney's, The Awl, Splitsider and WitStream. Recipient of the JD Power and Associates award for Powertrain Dependability.
Quote:
I thought John Edwards already ruined the sanctity of marriage in North Carolina.
Ken Plume I write, do interviews, co-host podcasts, plot, and sing horribly. There are people who appreciate some of those things..
Quote:
"Come on, North Carolina! Let's go burn a witch! Be careful though... Don't want to fall off the edge of the world..."
God Author of The Last Testament: A Memoir by God, now available in fine bookstores everywhere; yea, and also crappy ones.
Quote:
Very disappointing, North Carolina. Especially since you've been South Carolina's lawfully wedded top since 1789.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 02:10 PM

351 posts, read 632,798 times
Sunny. Really?

Do you honestly think we care what those people have to say? Quote some folks with some real credibility if you want to hit us where it hurts. Otherwise, you're just taking up space here.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:41 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
The way the left has treated conservative women in the public eye is a disgrace. But as long as its against conservatives, its somehow excused. If conservatives take on liberal women who put themselves in the public spotlight, its a "War on Women" and all hell breaks loose.

Rush's comments regarding Fluke should have been handled more tastefully but what she was advocating for and what she was "wanting" from the government was disgusting. She's a total embarrassment to the liberal cause and all women.
I see, coverage for birth control is now "disgusting." Interesting.

You know conservatives, for people who talk about facing facts, and cold hard truths and all that stuff, you sure are thin-skinned when anyone calls you out on your lies.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:15 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Here is Celebrity Twitter tweets on A1:

Neil Patrick Harris
Quote:
North Carolina passed Amendment One. Unbelievable.
Ellen DeGeneres
Quote:
Getting married was one of the greatest things I have ever done. I hope everyone in North Carolina gets the same opportunity someday.
Tori Spelling
Quote:
Sad to hear that Amendment 1 passed in North Carolina. Love is love! Period the end!
Russell Brand
Quote:
If I ever find myself in North Carolina I shall marry a man just to feel safe.
mia farrow
Quote:
Oh North Carolina - the disappointment we feel now is nothing compared to the bewilderment & shame your children will feel
Reverend Al Sharpton
Quote:
Amendment One in North Carolina passes. NOT GOOD. U cannot be a selective civil rights activist. Either u stand for rights for all or none.
Jesse Tyler Ferguson
Quote:
This is an interesting fact I just learned: First cousins can marry in North Carolina. (Unless they are of the same sex, I assume).
Kathy Griffin
Quote:
NC gays move to Iowa where you are full citizens. Casting Real Housewives of Dubuque now...
Alan Cumming
Quote:
Wow North Carolina, wow. What a sad day when you tell the world you are active and blatant persecutors of civil rights, equality and love.
RuPaul's Drag Race
Quote:
North Carolina... I'm sorry, but you're up for elimination.
Zach Braff
Quote:
Well @donald_faison , I guess we can cross North Carolina off the retirement state list.
Brooklyn Decker
Quote:
Really disappointed in my home state of North Carolina this evening. One giant step backward.
Jake Shears
Quote:
Sorry Mom- but **** you, North Carolina. You're on the wrong side of history. Absolute fools.
matthew lillard
Quote:
North Carolina, I spit in your general direction.
Meghan McCain
Quote:
Way to be a bad southern cliche North Carolina. I'm sure your grandkids will look back on this day in horror.
Sandra Bernhard
Quote:
North Carolina Passes Gay Marriage Ban. time will not stand still, now you're just going to have to catch up. so sad for you.
Luke Barnett
Quote:
The last time North Carolina put an Amendment regarding marriage in their Constitution was 1875, when they banned interracial marriage.
Danny Zuker
Quote:
"Marriage should be between a Man Cousin and a Woman Cousin." North Carolina Amendment 1 supporter
Kal Penn
Quote:
Sad 2C North Carolina double-ban marriage #equality. If it was truly about the "sanctity of marriage", you'd have made divorce illegal too
Sierra Boggess
Quote:
Seriously North Carolina? You do realize we are ALL humans right?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,806,067 times
when able bodied Americans are seeking more and more government handouts, that seems pretty disgusting to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post

You know conservatives, for people who talk about facing facts, and cold hard truths and all that stuff, you sure are thin-skinned when anyone calls you out on your lies.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
I think I've taken pretty much everything you've all thrown at me and thrown it right back even harder. But in the end, you'll agree with like minded folks and I'll do the same.

Get mad. Yell and scream. Post videos of like-minded TV folks. Quote our lame duck governor who at least realized she was constantly being ranked the weakest governor in the country and decided to "not run so it wouldn't be a distraction for education" or something gimmicky like that. Make excuses like how voter turn-out was extremely low so that means something I guess (in all honesty, that's one of my favorites of your whines).

I'm gonna spend less time here than I've been doing. All this ranting and bickering with a bunch of sore losers is just bringing me down. Please, continue to talk amongst yourselves.
I love 'goodbye' posts.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post

Good job of taking a quote out of context and then concluding with a line that makes no sense to this thread.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,159,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
when able bodied Americans are seeking more and more government handouts, that seems pretty disgusting to me.

Blake my friend, perhaps you overlooked my earlier post, or perhaps you just need it to be repeated to aid in your reading comprehension:

Blake, in most cases you want to be sure you know what you're talking about before posting on a message board. Otherwise it makes you look very ignorant.

See, insurance coverage is not a "government handout". It costs the government absolutely nothing when an insurance company offers a birth control benefit. It seems your hatred for those different from you is clouding your ability to understand basic concepts like insurance and government. So, now that you know that government handouts aren't involved, what is your objection to providing women with this benefit?

Old 05-16-2012, 05:48 AM

Sunny. I understand you're posting all those quotes for those people on your side of the argument.

But you do realize most conservatives couldn't care less what those folks say and if they dropped out of the spotlight forever, we wouldn't even notice.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
A guy like Jon Stewart (or a Bill Maher) is an entertainer who leverages an endless pool of silly politics to make very funny skits, shows, and programs. They find the humor in current events. A guy like Rush Limbaugh is a bigoted drug addict using politics and current events to incite hate and fear without a single stitch of entertainment value. Comparing these 2 polar opposites to have any similarities just simply is not feasible...

People all over the world are laughing at NC's vote on this subject - with or without Jon Stewart making fun of the state.
Well put.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina