U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 AM

769 posts, read 2,487,690 times

Advertisements

A little worrying???

NC Non-Citizens Voting, Dead Offered Ballots, UNC Officials Embrace Voter Fraud - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:15 AM

4,598 posts, read 8,940,511 times
I don't see anything wrong with what the poll workers were doing. They followed procedure as laid out by NC law. It seems that the Board of Elections needs to do a better job of purging invalid registrations from the system.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 AM

769 posts, read 2,487,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what the poll workers were doing. They followed procedure as laid out by NC law. It seems that the Board of Elections needs to do a better job of purging invalid registrations from the system.
I don't think the poll workers were doing anything other than what they are asked or required, either.

The system IMHO is the problem - it resembles some third-world voting system with no integrity or accountability. How can we have confidence in such a system.

Even if ANY of the video is correct, it is cause for concern

Old 05-16-2012, 07:31 AM

Honestly studies have shown that the actual rates of voter fraud are extremely low. No system will be perfect. Of course these videos make it look easy because these guys are trying to make a point. How many people are actually working the system? Very few.

Policy Brief on the Truth About “Voter Fraud” | Brennan Center for Justice
The Plum Line - The voter fraud racket is back!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 AM

Whoops double post

Last edited by evaofnc; 05-16-2012 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: a

Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 AM

22,015 posts, read 27,311,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve54 View Post
I don't think the poll workers were doing anything other than what they are asked or required, either.

The system IMHO is the problem - it resembles some third-world voting system with no integrity or accountability. How can we have confidence in such a system.

Even if ANY of the video is correct, it is cause for concern
This group is a well-known right-wing group. They are, in fact, committing voter-fraud & I've heard that several states plan to charge them. Studies of voter fraud have been done, nation-wide, showing that real voterfraud is miniscule.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:35 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,470,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
This group is a well-known right-wing group. They are, in fact, committing voter-fraud & I've heard that several states plan to charge them. Studies of voter fraud have been done, nation-wide, showing that real voterfraud is miniscule.

Do you have a link? If they aren't actually voting there is no fraud, right? Or maybe you were saying that those in the video that admitted they committed fraud will be charged.

The only group I've heard of being charged is ACORN, but I could be wrong.

It's interesting that it's so easy to find these videos of voter fraud being discussed when it's such a miniscule problem.

I wonder how you conduct studies and find data on voter fraud? Would it be similar to the way we find stats on illegal immigration? Millions later we realize there may have been "a few" more than we thought?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 AM

22,015 posts, read 27,311,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Do you have a link? If they aren't actually voting there is no fraud, right? Or maybe you were saying that those in the video that admitted they committed fraud will be charged.

The only group I've heard of being charged is ACORN, but I could be wrong.

It's interesting that it's so easy to find these videos of voter fraud being discussed when it's such a miniscule problem.

I wonder how you conduct studies and find data on voter fraud? Would it be similar to the way we find stats on illegal immigration? Millions later we realize there may have been "a few" more than we thought?
Just google voter fraud data.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 AM

12 posts, read 35,217 times
I keep hearing "studies show fraud is low." How can you study fraud that is not discovered? How do you know that someone voted for their mother who is in a rest home? How do you know that someone voted for their child who is studying out of the country? How do you know until they are discovered? Our voting system is terribly archaic, and the only people that defend it are the ones who are afraid of the votes they will lose if there are rules put in place to show some sort of ID.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,470,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

You made the statement in this post...back it up. Who are the states that are planning to file charges?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina