Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2007, 11:11 AM

59 posts, read 225,855 times

Advertisements

Hi, Me, DH and our 4 boys are considering relocating to Taylorsville, NC from LI NY. We love what we have seen and read about the community, activities for children, and especially the mountain views. We want to be in the mountains but still close enough to areas with jobs. Also coming are 2 others (one really likes Hickory) and they need sales and construction type work.Was wondering if anyone knows if there is easy work to be found and if there is any sections with drugs or the like to stay away from. Me and DH are coming in two weeks to look at some homes and he is ready to buy, so I want to keep safe. Also are the school kids in Taylorsville welcoming to newcomers? ( I read one post in Lenoir they are not)Thanks!j
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM

324 posts, read 1,524,292 times
sister lives in taylorsville now and really likes it...she is selling her house (3 bed, 2 bath) in Windsor Point...moving not far from where they are now...
you may want to try hickory or statesville for the jobs...
schools dont know...2 nieces are in grade school BUT both were born in the area so...from what I can tell from sister no problems...they do go to a catholic school so I dont if that makes a difference...

Old 09-20-2007, 06:18 PM

219 posts, read 962,763 times
I had lived in NJ for 18 years having moved there from LI. Where in LI are you from? We have been in Taylorsville since July and love it. What ages are your children? My son is 12 and in 7th grade and he loves school here. In NJ, he hated school. If you have any questions , you can email me at MABeckoff@wildblue.net. I can also give you some ideas of where to stay away from in the area. Do you attend church?

Melissa

Old 09-21-2007, 10:29 AM

Hi, Thanks guys. Sounds really nice. Our boys are 14, 12, 11 and 4. They all live with us but our exes are coming down as well so we can live near each other for the kids. My hubby has MS so we dont need work, just cool air and he likes to garden when hes feeling well. They need sales, and construction or mechanic work. We plan on visiting there next weekend and checking out a church while were there is there one you recommend? Thanks.

Old 09-21-2007, 10:39 AM

PS we are from Sayville, Long Island, and are mostly quiet, love the outdoors.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,800 times
Default Hi

We have a house in Taylorsvile and also live on Long Island..Babylon
we are going to be moving there by next year...trying to sell long island home...not easy though....We love Taylorsville, great place, nice people and close enough to everything...want to chat more...sheena285@aol.com
Kathy

Old 02-07-2008, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,629 times
Default Windsor Pointe, Taylorsville, NC

Hi, I have a friend that has a piece of property in Windsor Pointe on Windsor Dr. She said it was across the street from Lake Hickory , but when I went to Google or mapquest the area, it showed a few new streets between her's and the Lake. Does anyone know if the lake has receded in the past 4 yrs.? Is anyone familiar with the area and what a 3/4 acre piece may be worth around there? Thanks for any input you can give me.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 AM

324 posts, read 1,524,292 times
Hi Sabbett,
I dont the lake receded but if it has/had it wasnt much...my sister just moved from there in December and i would go over every so ofton...she had lived on Windsor Dr for 7+ years...I am a little familiar with the area but not enough to say any $ for acreage, sorry :\
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina