U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:11 PM

44,330 posts, read 54,810,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Come on loves. You didn't catch the sarcasm?
Nope, but it is the end of a very long day, lol

So you think our buddy roanoker was being sarcastic? I sure hope so and apologize to him if I misread what he wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 PM

8,917 posts, read 6,336,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racewire20 View Post
I am really trying to understand why the gay community has so much disdain for a majority of the state because they are doing what they feel is right per their religion.

Electrified fences? Really?

Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM

441 posts, read 541,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
The majority of Americans do, actually. And unless you're just insecure, I don't understand why it would make you uncomfortable?
Very, very secure. Adamant with conviction!

Quote:
If this were Taking "In God We Trust" off the money, you would think it were prejudice and anti-christian, etc. etc. You only see what you want to see.

(And a majority of Americans do believe homosexuals are "normal"... Especially under the age of 30... The president wouldn't endorse it otherwise.)
Anti Christian, no.....anti American, yes.
No, I see exactly what you are saying. You have made your points quite clear. Until you can prove that God does not exist and people of the same sex can reproduce and repopulate the world, the majority, (Christian majority), will not concede to your cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
A response to a blatantly hate filled speech isn't about hate. It's obviously about anger and sadness. I have witnessed more prejudice, bigotry, and hate TOWARDS the gay community than any other group in a very long time. You cannot deny that.
Probably the wrong place to have posted, per the OP original post. My response was to a couple of post within the thread. Again, there are Idiots in the pulpit too! I promise, these guys don't preach the sentiments of most Christians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
If you voted against the amendment, you were not voting for gay marriage.

Get your head off the desk and pay attention. Your comprehension skills are suffering. I think I have covered this with you before!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM

2,565 posts, read 2,327,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Nope, but it is the end of a very long day, lol

So you think our buddy roanoker was being sarcastic? I sure hope so and apologize to him if I misread what he wrote
The whole jist of this charlatan's idea was concentration camps. Concentration camps = nazis.

Of course the amendment makes NC look stupid. Amendments in other states made the other states look stupid, too. There's been a pretty drastic change in attitudes toward homosexuality in the last 15 years.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet, most of anyone you talk to would think this guy is an IDIOT! This is a very, very isolated few WACKO's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Electrified fences? Really?
Come on,.....let's pay attention

Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM

2,032 posts, read 3,926,600 times
The Reverend Jesse Jackson made an interesting comment on one of the talk shows about the gay amendment in NC and the voting rights issue in the South in the 1960s. In the South(where most of the bigotry is coming from toward Gays)African Americans were denied the right to vote. The Federal Government changed all of that and forced the southern states to allow all people the right to vote. Apparently the constitution does not allow some states to discriminate against a minority and other states to do their own thing. The Gay civil rights movement is still very young and with all of the visibility now about gay marriage it is predicted gay marriage will become the law of the land eventually. The gay amendments are not strong enough to withstand the Supreme Court ruling whenever that occurs.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM

Referencing Jesse Jackson renders your post devoid of any useful information. Do we really want the government dictating our rights? Might as well get rid of the first phrase "We the people"!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM

4,884 posts, read 5,313,671 times
Quote:
However when a bill or amendment is worded in a way that would contradict what the bible says, Christians as believers have no option but to vote per their beliefs.
There is another option; Christians can always believe in something else. Believing in the constitution would be a good place to start. Believing in the fact that all men and women were created as equals would be another good place to start. Once you have those two basic beliefs, it becomes clear that passing laws to limit the freedom of love is both immoral and unconstitutional.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
There is another option; Christians can always believe in something else. Believing in the constitution would be a good place to start. Believing in the fact that all men and women were created as equals would be another good place to start. Once you have those two basic beliefs, it becomes clear that passing laws to limit the freedom of love is both immoral and unconstitutional.
Your really reaching. You'll not find anyone more patriotic than I am!
The constitution will not save my soul!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:27 AM

2,032 posts, read 3,926,600 times
Quote:
Referencing Jesse Jackson renders your post devoid of any useful information. Do we really want the government dictating our rights? Might as well get rid of the first phrase "We the people"!
I guess it depends on whose rights you are talking about. When you say "our" rights you can't be including Gays in that statement because Gays do not have any "rights" in the states of North Carolina and Virginia. It works both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina