Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:40 AM

43,269 posts, read 77,063,738 times

Advertisements

"Wow, that is harsh! "

Matt,
You should hear some of my calls.
I mean, we are talking about people who want to make no committment and want to move ahead of those who have committed to me.
Right....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 07:41 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
I'd suggest you meet with a few agents and then choose ONE to work with.

Sign the paperwork for ONE DAY.

At the end of that day, if you feel you "click" with this Agent and that this Agent has your best interests at heart, then stick with this Agent.

I tell my clients that I'll take them out once. After spending a day with them, we both know if we want to work together. I don't ask them to sign until they are ready but by the same token, I don't want to spend alot of time and gas with someone who isn't going to be as loyal to me as I am to them.

Buyers sometimes don't understand the amount of work that goes into FINDING a property and then SCHEDULING the time to see it and GETTING the buyer into the property.

I always appreciate it when a buyer tells me that he is "interviewing" agents. In that case, again, I'll spend a day or a few hours with that client but after that, its time for the buyer to make his decision.

After all, all Agents work from the same MLS. Yes, some are more knowledgable and experienced about the area than others. But...3 Agents showing you properties and only l Agent getting paid isn't going to make everyone happy!!! And I like happy clients!!!

Vicki

Old 09-23-2007, 12:00 PM

331 posts, read 1,126,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I tell my clients that I'll take them out once. After spending a day with them, we both know if we want to work together.
Would you marry someone after a first date? I've found that real estate agents, like most sales people, are on their best behavior when you first meet them. It is the way that sales people follow through that sets them apart.

In short, I may sign a short term agrement (a few weeks, a month) with an agent after the first meeting but I'm not getting locked into a long term relationship based on a single meeting.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:25 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,677,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Would you marry someone after a first date? I've found that real estate agents, like most sales people, are on their best behavior when you first meet them. It is the way that sales people follow through that sets them apart.

In short, I may sign a short term agrement (a few weeks, a month) with an agent after the first meeting but I'm not getting locked into a long term relationship based on a single meeting.
Certainly, but it's messed up to have one agent to do all the leg work, research, driving around and then call up another agent just to write the contract and get compensated for the transaction.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:27 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
The funny thing is that I tell my clients that the "Exclusive Buyer" agreement is just that...its a marriage contract! I tell them I can't marry them the first time we go out and I don't expect them to want to marry me. It IS possible to sign that form on the first "date" but use only that date!

Typically, after I've spent some time with my clients and feel that I want to work with them and they feel like they want to work with me, we'll go ahead and sign it.

NC law states that I must have it signed BEFORE writing up an offer.

It all comes down to trust and loyality. As we all know, it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina