Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 12:04 PM

197 posts, read 298,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
In all honesty, it sounds like you could really smoke me in a debate of religious failures. But I for one am not talking about religion and couldn't care much less.

I personally voted for the amendment because I believe marriage is a holy union between one man and one woman. I also believe that although we as humans fail miserably every single day, we are still to do what we believe is right as instructed from God's word.

TV preachers, Branch Davidians, your "British-Israelism roots of much of Pentacostalism" stuff. Its all fine if you want to use it against Christianity. That's your right.

I for one have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and I voted how I believe He wanted me to vote. Things like that give me joy and a peace that not many can understand unless they've experienced it. Maybe one day you'll find the same.

Spare me the " I pity you rhetoric " and all the deflection. What it comes down to is that *you* wish to dictate what others do as according to YOUR personal beliefs.

And you completely missed the pertinent point , that being the fact that as a whole entity Christendom has ZERO business dictating to others until such juncture as it's cleaned up it's own house.

And those "TV preachers" are now the face of Christianity to many people , as are their Ponzi schemes.

And shall we address the myriad and sundry differences in Doctrine and it's application? Which is " correct "?

Interesting that you avoided discussion of the racial attitudes within the roots of the Pentacostal movement. Care to discuss Armstrong's greed? Or hows about Aimee Semple Macpherson's " ethics and morals "?

Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM

351 posts, read 631,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
....And shall we address the myriad and sundry differences in Doctrine and it's application? Which is " correct "?

Interesting that you avoided discussion of the racial attitudes within the roots of the Pentacostal movement. Care to discuss Armstrong's greed? Or hows about Aimee Semple Macpherson's " ethics and morals "?
Once again, you're talking way over my head. But its all good. I have no problem with your pointing out the failings in religion today. I'm assuming you're trying to woo everyone with your attempts to show how brilliant you are in debating religion. I'm impressed but then again, you could be making up names and I'd not even know better.

But for me, it makes no matter. I'm at peace with my vote. The point of my vote was not to dictate what others do but instead to uphold traditional marriage and its sanctity. It was a Godly institution long before it was a man-made "binding agreement".

Have a great day.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:13 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,085,502 times
Quote:
But for me, it makes no matter. I'm at peace with my vote. The point of my vote was not to dictate what others do but instead to uphold traditional marriage and its sanctity. It was a Godly institution long before it was a man-made "binding agreement".
You make the point that it was not your intention to dictate what others do but, in fact, your vote does dictate what other do....or rather what they can't do.

Your intention to vote to uphold sanctity is most curious to me since there was nothing about sanctity of a legal marriage either before or after the amendment's passage. Your perception may be that you were upholding sanctity and you may consider marriage to be a holy institution....and that's perfectly fine that you see it that way. However, the state's definition of marriage has no reference to sanctity. In the state's eyes, it's a legal institution that comes with rights afforded by the state and responsibilities to each other.

Sanctity - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 05-28-2012, 03:29 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,142,569 times
Quote:
Once again, you're talking way over my head. But its all good. I have no problem with your pointing out the failings in religion today. I'm assuming you're trying to woo everyone with your attempts to show how brilliant you are in debating religion. I'm impressed but then again, you could be making up names and I'd not even know better.

Have a great day.
I kind of wonder why we don't uphold the Old Testament's sanctity of marriage--

Now Gideon had seventy sons, his own off-spring, for he had many wives. The Book of Judges 8:30

Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM

7,065 posts, read 12,302,774 times
Quote:
That's assuming of course that the "Godly institution" you speak of wasn't man-made as well...

Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 AM

197 posts, read 298,967 times
Quote:

Have a great day.

In other words you're quite content in your ignorance , along with of course being manipulated as a political pawn.

And spare me the " woo" and " impress" , I originally *came* from your world ya clown , born and bred so deep in aberrant Southern Christianity that you have no concept , there's not a thing that you can say to me that's gonna make a dent , and best not start quoting Scripture at *me* , unless of course you want a crash course in the inconsistencies etc within the Bible ( any version).

The basic fact that you're unaware of the TRASH in Christianities house bespeaks a head in the sand attitude.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,140,783 times
I'd like to nominate Carolinaonmymind for the "Longest Post without Saying Anything" Award. Any seconds?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,676,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresboro View Post
Us native North Carolinians...
Native North Carolinian huh? Which tribe are you and your family a part of...Catawba, Cherokee, Tuscarora, Croatan?

Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,676,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Great. Understand that same shoe fits you. You can't make fun of my God, and my religion, and not be a bigot as well. You say tons of hateful things, but its ok because those people don't subscribe to you point of views.
There is a huge difference between someone "making fun" of your religious beliefs and someone who would punish you for practicing those beliefs / denying you certain rights for having those beliefs.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:34 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,085,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Native North Carolinian huh? Which tribe are you and your family a part of...Catawba, Cherokee, Tuscarora, Croatan?
Awesome response! Given that we are a nation of immigrants, we must all keep in mind that the strength of our society comes from our original de facto motto given to us by our founding fathers, E pluribus unum: "Out of many, one". The strength of the U.S. as "one" needs to be built on fairness and equality for everyone under the law. As a society we have recognized this through a long series of expanding rights and protections since the founding of our nation. In the end, this discrimination too will come to pass.

Last edited by rnc2mbfl; 05-30-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina