U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,412,675 times

Advertisements

Across the state, unemployment rates fell in 93 of North Carolina’s 100 counties in April, increased in three and remained the same in four. When compared to the same month last year, unemployment rates declined in 88 counties, increased in 11, and remained the same in one.

Currituck County had the state’s lowest unemployment rate in April at 5.3 percent, and Scotland County had the highest unemployment rate at 17.4 percent.

For a list on each county unemployment numbers click on this pdf site from NCESC http://www.ncesc1.com/PMI/Rates/Pres...untyRate_M.pdf

Im not posting this thread to say things are getting better or worse, more just as a statistic of unemployment numbers release by Dept of commerce in April. May numbers will be release June 15th.

According to that list the state unemployment rate is still high IMO at 9.1
I would love for you to look at the list and discuss these numbers on why each county numbers are the way they are.

I think the unemployment numbers are still high as majority of them 8% or higher. Some of the counties on low side I havent heard of and Im not sure what city or industry is there, maybe we can analyses these numbers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 AM

40 posts, read 50,887 times
Amazing charts and info!

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,412,675 times
The month of May numbers has 76 of 100 counties unemployment rate rose. The state average in May is 9.4 one of highest in nation.
Currituck County had the state’s lowest unemployment rate in May at 5.2 percent, and Scotland County had the
highest unemployment rate at 16.9 percent. Both numbers are lower than previous month and seasonal work probably also a factor.

For a list on each county unemployment numbers click on this pdf site from NCESC -> http://www.ncesc1.com/PMI/Rates/Pres...eRelease_M.pdf

Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,166,504 times
[quote=SunnyKayak;24592138]Across the state, unemployment rates fell in 93 of North Carolina’s 100 counties in April, ....

Of course it dropped, the unemployment benefits ran out for thousands collecting them. The increase in food stamps and new Welfare cases is skyrocketing here and accross the USA. The NCESC unemployed rates are those still collecting benefits. This number will continue to decrease as more are loosing benefits. Hello Welfare, a storm is comin your way - get ready to Rumble!

Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 AM

10,482 posts, read 4,349,024 times
Since we live in a state which already has all those nice things the Repub. are calling for in other states, I wonder why we have not seen a large increase in the "Job Creators" creating jobs? Now I know that there will be claims that Govt Regs. are slowing down growth but what are they? I have found that there there are no regs. here that stop job creation.

I believe its a matter of demand and with lower incomes in NC comes less demand and the ability to support certain industries that will create jobs.
I see that spending by local govts. is being cut and issues such as road repairs and general maintainence of facilities are being cut, long term this does not help and it could help local business with some demand for its owners and employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina