U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 PM

1,840 posts, read 632,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Don't let appearances fool you. Some of these slow-talking rural folks are multi-millionaires.
All those Ex Food Lion Folks I like Southern Pines and the Asheville area. Wilmington is nice the beach is fun. It a great state with really nice people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM

7,807 posts, read 10,075,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
What an ignorant, unfounded comment. Sure, the small towns are conservative, but the majority of that comment shows your ignorance. Next time, try not to paint with such a broad brush. It's not very becoming of you. Have you ever spent any time in Mississippi?
He/she has also cut/pasted this exact post in at least 3 different threads.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:47 PM

197 posts, read 142,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
He/she has also cut/pasted this exact post in at least 3 different threads.
I noticed. I considered responding to all three, but, hopefully, the poster's ignorance was evident to the rest of the board. It's good to see other posters defending rural NC. Political preference aside, the statement he/she made was idiotic. I grew up in rural Eastern NC. I have all of my teeth, I had running water, and I also had access to medical facilities. The same applies for all of my family and friends.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 AM

3,459 posts, read 2,361,544 times
Well, to get the thread back on track, I don't think I can pick just one favorite place. I love the beaches and the mountains and live in the Piedmont. I'm trying to make a personal project of exploring all the NC beaches, but haven't nearly gotten to them all yet. The mountains are fabulous. I just got back from a 4 day weekend in Boone basking in the 80s while y'all were having 100+ days here in the Triangle. Wonderful! There are places in the Triangle I love, too. I know a lot of people really love Chapel Hill and you could get that as an answer to the favorite place in NC from many alums. It's a great place to live IMO. And is halfway btwn the mts and the beach so I don't have to pick!

Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM

924 posts, read 825,262 times
It's hard to say. I love visiting Asheville. The mountains are beautiful and I enjoy Biltmore, white water rafting, etc.

The triangle is wonderful for everyday living.

Not a huge fan of the coastal regions. NC coast is ok for weekends but for a real "beach" vacation I prefer places like Destin.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:16 PM

197 posts, read 142,064 times
Just about anywhere east of I-95!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina