Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are going to vote for
Obama 51 55.43%
Romney 41 44.57%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 02:22 PM

34,091 posts, read 82,464,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
The myth of Obama's spending binge - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

This is an opinion article, but it is taking specific numbers. Obama's spending may have risen, but at the lowest levels in a long long time. The reason the nation debt keeps ballooning is because the amount of revenue the coutry takes in had dropped precipituously, mostly due to Bush's tax cuts, but it's not because of spending.
Keep 'em coming!
Truth has to knock on the door 3 or 4 times before it's paid any attention to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 03:17 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,160,206 times
Yes Francois I have set foot in NC...both feet several times. No, i've never voted in NC but living so close to the nc border in va, my local news station came out of the piedmont triad area so i've been equally if not more subjected to nc politics growing up.

I'm going to just pose a question to the apparent dems on this site. Name one way Obama has helped the country out of what he inherited...and not some overly subjective garbage about how he broke molds to become the first african american president. Give me a concrete example of what he has done to help this country. I will concede the only thing I personally believe he has done well up front.....he pulled out of iraq and is working towards afghanistan. A HUGE mistake by the Bush Administration. So that being said...give me something else this guys done for nc, va, and the other 48...

I'm all ears.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:48 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,160,206 times
In brief response to our debt increasing substantially because of the bush tax cuts. This isn't entirely true. Yes the bush tax cuts decrease our revenue but any country or state organ of any kind operates in a pretty similar fashion to a business. If a business see's less revenue coming in it has to curb cost where it can. We've yet to curb cost...we have a high entitlement program, tons rely on social security, medicare, and medicaid. Bush made the biggest mistake by starting the wars after pushing through the tax cuts but to say his tax cuts are the chief reason our economy is in the tanks shows a STUNNING lack of understanding of macroecon. The mortgage loan crisis is by and large unrelated to the tax cuts. Regulation is obviously another story but it goes without saying that the mortgage issue is our largest problem. Bad law like the community reinvestment act was created under the carter administration and ramped up heavily during the clinton adminstration. This made it so that banks had to loan as a percentage of this written loans in formerly red lined areas..ie the slums. People that shouldn't have gotten loans, got loans. This was a federal mandate...not the big bad banks engaging in "predatory" lending. Banks are not in the business or foreclosing on homes and then selling them. It benefits a bank for you to continue paying your payment...with interest obviously. So...Bush's tax cuts didn't do quite as much as paul krugman and the rest of the keynesians at the times would have you think. The recession is a result of two stupid wars, a god awful law requiring banks to make bad loans to deadbeats, and our inability to curb any of our defense and entitlement spending.

To say that the bush tax cuts only hurt the economy is not only misguided, it reeks of a kindergarten comprehension for even the most basic econ. Please do yourself a favor and enroll in an intro to econ class at your local community college and stop getting your talking points from journalists with sub par newspapers.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:57 PM

15 posts, read 30,862 times
Default Swing State for Clinton?

I heard Bill Clinton was very happy to find out that the Democratic National Convention was taking place in North Carolina, since it is considered a Swing State. His mood changed, however when a staffer explained to him that the disignation of "Swing State" reffered to a political definition not what he originally had thought. Sorry Mr. President, but there's always Vegas and the Bunny Ranch right?

Old 08-17-2012, 03:59 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,578,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Yes Francois I have set foot in NC...both feet several times. No, i've never voted in NC but living so close to the nc border in va, my local news station came out of the piedmont triad area so i've been equally if not more subjected to nc politics growing up.

I'm going to just pose a question to the apparent dems on this site. Name one way Obama has helped the country out of what he inherited...and not some overly subjective garbage about how he broke molds to become the first african american president. Give me a concrete example of what he has done to help this country. I will concede the only thing I personally believe he has done well up front.....he pulled out of iraq and is working towards afghanistan. A HUGE mistake by the Bush Administration. So that being said...give me something else this guys done for nc, va, and the other 48...

I'm all ears.

whatthe****hasobamadonesofar.com/

Old 08-17-2012, 04:09 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,554,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post

Ha, Ha Ha - clicked on the link for what Obama has done. Came up "Page Not Found"

How appropriate!!!!!!

Here's a relatively new voter in NC from VA, voting for Romney - Obama does not like the America that was/is - he wants to turn America into a second rate country along the lines of France or Greece.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:19 PM

6,150 posts, read 9,970,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Ha, Ha Ha - clicked on the link for what Obama has done. Came up "Page Not Found"

How appropriate!!!!!!

Here's a relatively new voter in NC from VA, voting for Romney - Obama does not like the America that was/is - he wants to turn America into a second rate country along the lines of France or Greece.
Logic bears that the **** was replaced by the forum profanity filter... but figuring that out would require thinking and based on your political logic, you don't seem to be doing much of that.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,973,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post

How appropriate!!!!!!

If Romney weren't so far right-wing socially I might consider voting for him, but I can't see any way to vote for someone who is proud so very proud of his horrible stance on social issues.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:39 PM

6,610 posts, read 8,973,781 times
From the votes in this poll so far NC appears to still be a swing state.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,266,106 times
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Hey everyone this is not a political forum go to that forum for that, I advice to stick to the topic of the thread if it not related to this state it does not belong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina