U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 AM

7 posts, read 10,221 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are moving to Sanford in a couple weeks. We will actually be living south of Sanford, about 30 minutes north of Bragg. I need to have internet as soon as possible as I will be working for my current employer remotely. However, I have no idea who to choose. Would love input from anyone out there. Internet needs to be reliable and fast due to my job. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,773,464 times
I had Windstream for years and they were ok. I recently switched and went with Charter and it's a lot faster and so far more reliable. That's about all I know to tell you as I'm not that internet savy...

Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM

11,237 posts, read 19,707,874 times
You can check with Charter, CenturyLink, Comcast, Time-Warner, RoadRunner etc. We can't tell you exactly what's available without knowing your exact address. You could be in Lee County, Harnett County, Hoke County or Moore County, but not the city of Sanford from your description. I checked Verizon FIOS for service in the Sanford zip code of Lee County, and it is not available. FIOS would be my top choice if it is available. Otherwise you are stuck with cable or DSL.

If fast Internet was a requirement for your job, you should have checked this out before you decided on a place to move. However, maybe your Realtor or rental agent can tell you what is available.

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-16-2012 at 01:33 PM..

Old 07-17-2012, 07:38 AM

7 posts, read 10,221 times
goldenage1 - I did check with my realtor BEFORE I chose a house and she told me our house (as she lives in the same neighborhood) is capable of having high speed internet. I was simply trying to get opinions on who the better provider was since there are multiple options. I was not trying to find out if it was available.

Thank you, builder24car. After digging around it looks like Windstream and Charter are my options. Now I know which one to choose. :-)

Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM

11,237 posts, read 19,707,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlmitchx View Post
I was simply trying to get opinions on who the better provider was since there are multiple options. I was not trying to find out if it was available.

Thank you, builder24car. After digging around it looks like Windstream and Charter are my options. Now I know which one to choose. :-)
OK. It looks like there have been other complaints about the speed of Windstream, as in here: [Troubles] Slow speeds in Sanford, NC - Windstream | DSLReports Forums
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina