U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:45 AM

48 posts, read 213,942 times

Advertisements

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. People can agree or disagree with it that is their right. If you chose to read a book and you didn't agree with the author would you also want to burn or banish the book?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM

6,611 posts, read 6,891,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARDENGAL60 View Post
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. People can agree or disagree with it that is their right. If you chose to read a book and you didn't agree with the author would you also want to burn or banish the book?
Can't take the heat? Don't make ignorant comments.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM

16,301 posts, read 24,890,167 times
Quote:
You know if they are natives. Apparently it got a lot of you to answer. The only reason the North had to come down here was to show you people how to do your jobs properly. Then we had to stay to make sure you continue to do them right. Since you can't that's why we send your jobs to Mexico. This state has alot to learn. Unfortunately NC is full of bible thumping back stabbers. Y'all have a blessed day now. Ya hear!
But ya came here for a job, now didn't ya , cause the rust belt jobs all went away long ago, didn't they. I'm sure that when you move back you will not have any problems find a whole bunch of "natives" that will help you pack your stuff and wish you a safe journey to the state line.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Ya know if you walk into a restaurant and start bashing the food before you are served, your going to wait a while for service, and the food will probably be spit on by all the kitchen staff.

You're so angry for nothing, and if you have a beef with an NC driver, I bet ya that it was just a response in kind to your anger and self-centered attitude exhibited in your driving.

Old 08-19-2012, 12:52 PM

2,657 posts, read 7,168,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
__________________________________________________ ___________
__________________________________________________ _____________

A thread (post) cannot be closed or deleted just because there is a disagreement with the content or find it offensive.
The parameter of reporting a post "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Post #13 - incitement to a fight, for sure.

Too bad the fool only looks for the bad. I'm heading out to the mountains in the morning on my motorcycle. Would have today, but woke to that nasty storm. There are indications that the leaves are starting to change, marking the beginning of one of the most best reasons for living here.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
The parameter of reporting a post "This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Post #13 - incitement to a fight, for sure.

Too bad the fool only looks for the bad. I'm heading out to the mountains in the morning on my motorcycle. Would have today, but woke to that nasty storm. There are indications that the leaves are starting to change, marking the beginning of one of the most best reasons for living here.
That's what I thought too...and why I reported that post. It seemed to go against what city-data is about and is obviously posted with intention of inciting an argument. It certainly isn't simply someone's opinion.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Apparently driving touches a nerve in NC. In your spare time, check the Raleigh forum, you will find plenty of the same comments from people moving down here about the driving. One thread had close to 200 comments. No one is here to fight, just discuss. Mr/Mrs Asheville native. For your info. I have been here 20+ years. And No, I did not come here looking for a job. NC came looking for me. It has been known for a long time NC's educational system and it's workers are no match for the Northern and Mid-Western workers. We have a much better, fully funded educational system and the workers have more experience. To this day NC employers are in trade magazines, newspapers, etc.. trying to get people from out of state of work here because they cannot find qualified people in this state. Just a fact. This state needs to re-evaluate a lot of things. One of them being their educational system. Once they do, your born and raised will be better off.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 PM

No, it's ignorance that touches a nerve...driving is no different wherever you go, with a mix of bad drivers and good. Your personal experiences do not define the entire state, I'm sorry to tell you. Besides, you know full well that you weren't just talking about driving...below is an excerpt from post #13, in case you forgot:
Quote:
The only reason the North had to come down here was to show you people how to do your jobs properly. Then we had to stay to make sure you continue to do them right. Since you can't that's why we send your jobs to Mexico. This state has alot to learn. Unfortunately NC is full of bible thumping back stabbers.
It seems like you were trying really hard to offend people, so don't act like you were just talking about driving.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM

Just a statement of truth. People are offended way to quickly. If I got offended for every time someone made rude comments about being a Yankee it would be stupid. No one responded about the driving, it was all go back home, etc... So you tell me who incites issues?

Old 08-19-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Apparently driving touches a nerve in NC. In your spare time, check the Raleigh forum, you will find plenty of the same comments from people moving down here about the driving. One thread had close to 200 comments. No one is here to fight, just discuss. Mr/Mrs Asheville native. For your info. I have been here 20+ years. And No, I did not come here looking for a job. NC came looking for me. It has been known for a long time NC's educational system and it's workers are no match for the Northern and Mid-Western workers. We have a much better, fully funded educational system and the workers have more experience. To this day NC employers are in trade magazines, newspapers, etc.. trying to get people from out of state of work here because they cannot find qualified people in this state. Just a fact. This state needs to re-evaluate a lot of things. One of them being their educational system. Once they do, your born and raised will be better off.
Think the natives have abandoned Raleigh to the "not from here's". You couldn't pay me to live in the mess of angry irrational transplants who seem to choose to be angry outsiders vs. chilling out and enjoying life.

Have you called the moving company yet

You are the type that if you moved to a country like France or Spain 20 ago you would still be belly aching about all the people that don't speak English.

Bless your heart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina