Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 AM

3,939 posts, read 6,681,735 times

Advertisements

I was referring to places with art galleries, theatre, Dance, music...cities or towns with an artsy culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 AM

12,798 posts, read 16,225,724 times
But what KIND of theater and art galleries, dance, music etc? Are you looking for cutting edge, way out there, avant garde type stuff or traditional, classical arts? I mean, "music" is about as broad a category as you can get. Are you looking for classical, bluegrass, alt country, rock, punk, country, pop, hip-hop, jazz, new age, indie rock? As I mentioned in my first post the Triangle has a great rock/indie rock as well as alt country scene. We certainly have people making music in other genres, too, with people like Scott McCreery and Clay Aiken making names for themselves, but in general the Triangle, especially Chapel Hill/Carrboro, is well known nationally for its indie rock scene. If that's not your thing and you're really looking for some place that has a lot of jazz or classical and opera then another area might be a better fit. The more specific you can be the more we can help you find what you're looking for.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,734,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
I was referring to places with art galleries, theatre, Dance, music...cities or towns with an artsy culture.
Maybe it could help if you knew of a similar city somewhere you are trying to find a "twin" of, like "A city with the culture of ____"? What size (population)? People have mentioned many places but each has its own character--hard to describe as a standalone without you seeing them for yourself what the "vibe" is in each.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM

596 posts, read 1,235,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Hi! I was wondering which city offered the most arts (theater, dance, live music, art galleries, ect) in the state? I know about Asheville's artsy reputation, but are there others?
New York City! Sorry. This is a wannabe place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina