Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's cheap for a reason
these NC craft beers are not cheap at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 10:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
these NC craft beers are not cheap at all.
But they are excellent. I like Natty Greene's IPA, have some on hand at the moment.

My reference to "cheap for a reason" is your other list. Aside from Yuengling haven't had one in years.
Quote:

someone needs to step up to the plate and make a local cheap beer, a la PBR, Natural Light, Miller High Life, or maybe even something that competes with Yuengling, Bud Light, etc.. The prices of these craft beers are killing me.
Yuengling is a craft brewery, producing a variety of brews from malts and hops, and some good ones.

I'd rather have a couple of craft brews than a six pack of that swill.

One local brewery has $2.50 pint night on Mondays, another has their IPA or Lager in a can, for $2, and a huge slice of pizza for $2 on Tuesdays. Wednesday will find $7 growler refills at another, or $2.50 pints at yet another, Sunday brings $3.25 bombers to another (carry out only) but after a pint or two.

Basically beer made with corn, corn syrup, or rice, blows

Old 10-31-2012, 05:50 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,154,826 times
^ True. Why would any self-respecting craft brewer want to produce PBR/Natural Light/Miller-type wastewater? "Cheap" isn't a good reason to settle for nasty beer.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 AM

ah, militant beer snobs.

listen, i like all sorts of beer, but price, hops, and sugar has a major impact on my choices. sometimes i prefer all 3 to be low, especially in hot weather when i'm outside doing something and want to drink some beer.

in europe you find plenty of small breweries that brew lighter, cheaper beers that are pretty damn good. Yuengling is the closest thing we have, here, and I drink mostly yuengling light. Basically I'm saying North Carolina needs a Yuengling, or a Puntigamer. It seems like everything here is over-hopped.

Last edited by le roi; 11-04-2012 at 06:46 AM..

Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,516,494 times
Quote:
ah, militant beer snobs.

listen, i like all sorts of beer, but price, hops, and sugar has a major impact on my choices. sometimes i prefer all 3 to be low, especially in hot weather when i'm outside doing something and want to drink some beer.

in europe you find plenty of small breweries that brew lighter, cheaper beers that are pretty damn good. Yuengling is the closest thing we have, here, and I drink mostly yuengling light. Basically I'm saying North Carolina needs a Yuengling, or a Puntigamer. It seems like everything here is over-hopped.
It's kinda ironic that you are calling people militant beer snobs while criticizing what others drink and going about the virtues of what you like. Exactly how does that work?

Do you have any concept as to why there are so many different types of beer and ale? Cause not everyone like what you like, and want something more.

The stores are full of mass produced lite beer for the masses, and you can have it all. NC doesn't need a Yuengling, they bring it in on big trucks, maybe even trains. Also all of the local craft breweries produce a lighter Kölsch and pilsner brews. Want it "lite" add water

I prefer a hoppy IPAs, and also like the porters and stouts.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It's kinda ironic that you are calling people militant beer snobs while criticizing what others drink and going about the virtues of what you like. Exactly how does that work?

Do you have any concept as to why there are so many different types of beer and ale? Cause not everyone like what you like, and want something more.

The stores are full of mass produced lite beer for the masses, and you can have it all. NC doesn't need a Yuengling, they bring it in on big trucks, maybe even trains. Also all of the local craft breweries produce a lighter Kölsch and pilsner brews. Want it "lite" add water

I prefer a hoppy IPAs, and also like the porters and stouts.
eh.. i again don't like your condescending tone and questionable recollection of events. i never criticized what anyone drinks; in fact it was arbyunc who described "waste water" and "nasty beer." but, this conversation is over.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:28 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,154,826 times
^ Hey le roi, no offense intended. I too believe everyone should have the right to drink whatever they like. Just because some people don't know any better doesn't mean they should be forced to drink good beer.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina