Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2006, 12:47 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,520,391 times

Advertisements

I was trolling around and popped on the ATL Centex website. It clearly says if you are not going to be the primary resident in a Centext ATL we will NOT sell to you. I smiled, although it might be a little late for that (or may be not). Has anyone seen anything similar for other local or national builders in NC. Are there investors buying several lots for the purpose of a resale (I'm thinking not really but have no hard evidence). I know this was a BIG problem in AZ and really created problems for people who wanted to actually buy and live in the home (a novel idea).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2006, 02:19 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,818,838 times
We just went in to contract to build a house in Indian Trail, and in our contract (or maybe it's the homeowners association rules, I don't recall exactly) it says you cannot rent out the house for 2 years after you buy it. I guess they don't want investors using the houses as rental property.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:27 PM

463 posts, read 1,647,485 times
Default I Like It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I was trolling around and popped on the ATL Centex website. It clearly says if you are not going to be the primary resident in a Centext ATL we will NOT sell to you. I smiled, although it might be a little late for that (or may be not). Has anyone seen anything similar for other local or national builders in NC. Are there investors buying several lots for the purpose of a resale (I'm thinking not really but have no hard evidence). I know this was a BIG problem in AZ and really created problems for people who wanted to actually buy and live in the home (a novel idea).
HUR-RAH! I think that's a great idea and long past due. I searched both the Centex Atlanta site and their main site and couldn't find that though, Mike. Could you p.m. it to me? If I know what to look under, I can check some other builders sites. I already checked K Hov's main site and their Triad area site but didn't see anything to that effect. On a related note, a coupla years ago, a luxury northern VA homebuilder put it in their contracts that their homebuyers had to live in the home for a minimum of a year before putting it up for sale. The owner didn't think that *flipping* or that new resale homes were good for the communities (which weren't even built out yet) didn't want it going on, and IMO, ( just speculation on my part) probably didn't think it was good for the company's bottom line.

Regards,

Cassie

Last edited by Cassie; 09-30-2006 at 05:35 PM..

Old 09-30-2006, 05:44 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,454,855 times
Believe it or not some of the builders are still hanging on here in AZ with that same policy. A lot have given up due to the market though and sell to anyone willing to buy. They also have the policy in place where you can't flip, you have to stay in the home anywhere from 1 year to 2 years and if you sell before then, I know Standard Pacific has a lein on your property for 50,000. If you have a hardship you could get out of the contract with proof.

Old 09-30-2006, 07:05 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,520,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie View Post
HUR-RAH! I think that's a great idea and long past due. I searched both the Centex Atlanta site and their main site and couldn't find that though, Mike. Could you p.m. it to me? If I know what to look under, I can check some other builders sites. I already checked K Hov's main site and their Triad area site but didn't see anything to that effect. On a related note, a coupla years ago, a luxury northern VA homebuilder put it in their contracts that their homebuyers had to live in the home for a minimum of a year before putting it up for sale. The owner didn't think that *flipping* or that new resale homes were good for the communities (which weren't even built out yet) didn't want it going on, and IMO, ( just speculation on my part) probably didn't think it was good for the company's bottom line.

Regards,

Cassie

Hi Cassie, agree 100% with you. I will PM you shortly!

Old 09-30-2006, 07:10 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,809,167 times
I think it is good for a new neighborhood not to sell to investors. It always amazes me while there maybe only 5-6 new homes built and already there is a for rent sign in the entrance. It can turn a neighborhood quick IMO. I think it should only pertain to the first homebuyer though as some people need out of a home quick and an investor can sometimes help save someones credit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: