Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 09:30 AM

285 posts, read 1,088,104 times

Advertisements

Here is a link to the CBS Early Show: you can see the segment yourself. There are pictures shown at the end of the segment, showing injuries. The second one shown is a boy from North Carolina, and despite an ER visit, and well documented and photographed injuries, the local and state boards of education have taken no action against the teacher who injured this student.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...ml?id=2054460n

Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 AM

531 posts, read 2,005,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegmomof4 View Post
Here is a link to the CBS Early Show: you can see the segment yourself. There are pictures shown at the end of the segment, showing injuries. The second one shown is a boy from North Carolina, and despite an ER visit, and well documented and photographed injuries, the local and state boards of education have taken no action against the teacher who injured this student.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...ml?id=2054460n
Pegmomof4, Thank you very much for the links and the info! Do you know of any website where you can view the actual statistics of where it is used, how many used on and any injuries? I would be interested in knowing some of these numbers.

Old 10-02-2006, 10:33 AM

129 posts, read 752,732 times
I just read the article and as a NC mom of 2 I'm appalled. I grew up in the small, rural town that my husband and I recently moved back too (Rutherford County-as many of you know.) I know that corporal punishment was used "back in my day" as we were all afraid of being "sent to the principal's office for a paddlin' " but now with 2 kids in school I have never heard either of my children talk about "paddlin" in school. It seems that within our district other forms of discipline are used...Thank Goodness. I will however, check our schools policies more carefully.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:38 PM

285 posts, read 1,088,104 times
Statistical and factual information may be viewed on stophitting.com and nospank.net
If you have further questions, please email me. I don't wish to get the forum in an uproar or debate, this isn't the place for it, and I respect that about the forum.
However, facts are facts. Let's not get the discussion all fired up, and the forum locked.
Best,
Peggy Dean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina