Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

The western states have shown what a fiasco the MEdical Marijuana really is. Just a joke for those who want to flaunt the ounce.

Drugs are drugs so why not prescribe darvocet, percocet, vicodin and other oxycodone/acetaminophens for "pain?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 05:36 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,927,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshjiv View Post
Wow, ignorance at its finest.
Well why don't you share with me what it is that you are certain I don't know that you think I should know, and why this particular law as specifically drafted is the one and only solution to this issue. Could you please lay out all the other alternatives and explain in detail to us ignorant ones why each of these alternatives is not as good as this specific law? Thanks in advance for sharing your expertise.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 AM

451 posts, read 1,564,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
The western states have shown what a fiasco the MEdical Marijuana really is. Just a joke for those who want to flaunt the ounce.

Drugs are drugs so why not prescribe darvocet, percocet, vicodin and other oxycodone/acetaminophens for "pain?"
The drugs stated above can be addicted. Per Wikipedia, It has not been proven that marijuana is addicted or leads to other drugs. Marijuana has been documented to help ease nausea and vomiting and stem hunger from chemo and aids victims, lowered eye pressure for treatment of glaucoma, and used as a general analgesic. Google, Marijuana, History, per Wikipedia, very interesting. Many things can be made from Hemp as well. Clothing, for one, and was used for years to make rope.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:

Marijuana is a PLANT and you're comparing it to synthetic/manufactured drugs with proven dependency issues.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:10 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,713 times
Quote:

Guns are guns, so why not let everyone own a M-60? Because there are different levels of things. Using a wide brush is a dumb argument. No one has ever overdosed on marijuana. I would say alcohol and cigarettes are more of a "gateway" drug than weed. It is a dumb argument, and we are wasting money to combat all marijuana.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Curiosity here, I speak out of ignorance. I have fairly severe osteoarthritis, it is bad enough that, in times of low barometric pressure, I have a fair amount of trouble moving around (my arthritis is a lingering remnant of my seriously ill-spent youth, many broken bones) would medical Marijuana be a beneficial route for my arthritis pain? During times of low barometric, I have air pockets in some of my bones, resultant from several breaks in various places, the air expands inside the bone and creates a truly interesting sensation, or, phrased differently, "It hurts like a B-t-h!!!!, and cramps up so I can't use my hands or legs" Yes, i do have a Handicapped Placard. Yes, I do get truly angry when non-handicapped people park in handicapped spots when it is raining because they are closer to the door.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:54 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Guns are guns, so why not let everyone own a M-60? Because there are different levels of things. Using a wide brush is a dumb argument. No one has ever overdosed on marijuana. I would say alcohol and cigarettes are more of a "gateway" drug than weed. It is a dumb argument, and we are wasting money to combat all marijuana.

Everyone DOESN"T own a M-60? guess my Lifetime NRA membership does have its rewards...

Just because some see it as a waste of money fighting the influx of marijuana, do we give up?

Society has wasted millions on higher level education, so does that mean we should close all the colleges?

I guess somethings just have to be regulated and the argument that we cannot stop it so legalize it is nonsensical.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Everyone DOESN"T own a M-60? guess my Lifetime NRA membership does have its rewards...

Just because some see it as a waste of money fighting the influx of marijuana, do we give up?

Society has wasted millions on higher level education, so does that mean we should close all the colleges?

I guess somethings just have to be regulated and the argument that we cannot stop it so legalize it is nonsensical.
Wow. I don't believe we have "wasted millions on higher level education", but if you do, that says a lot.

All I am saying is there is A LOT of B.S. when it comes to marijuana. I personally don't smoke, but I don't care if someone else does. You would think a conservative would believe in smaller government (Not saying you are). Plus the social benefits from patients would be awesome for liberals.

But this is dumb to argue, since we're on an anonymous forum, so I'll stop.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:35 PM

160 posts, read 789,610 times
95% of the medical marijuana advocates are recreational users and sellers that want a method to use and distribute it without facing criminal punishment. There are currently more marijuana dispensaries in L.A than there are Starbucks. That's because of recreational use, not medical use. Any medically viable parts of the marijuana plant could easily be extracted and made into a prescription drug so if it has medical benefits then the drug companies should manufacture it and supply it to pharmacies where distribution is controlled just as other prescription drugs.

There is simply no need for a "medical marijuana" law and California is a great example of what happens when you pass one. It looks great on paper but when someone converts the house next door to yours into a grow house and destroys your property value you'll wish it never happened. Either legalize marijuana completely or keep the law they way it is right now.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:26 PM

I would be for legalization of marijuana. There is no reason for it to be against the law. It was originally a racist law. Plus the taxes would be a god send.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina