Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,547,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Yes, we are in for a rough ride as McCrory cleans up all the crap that Governor Dumplin' and her predecessor left. Cleanup is never as easy at it was to make the mess. I for one look forward to a state government with a lot less waste.
I agree with you!

Social issues will not generate new jobs, lower taxes and make our education system any better.
Look at what NC went through the past 4 years. Zilch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:58 PM

917 posts, read 2,297,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
You're very, very wrong about that. Mr. Pope has already been a state legislator, so is getting some state pension, and most notably is one of the richest men in NC; the last thing he needs is state benefits (in fact, he will probably cut them). He is the Koch Brothers of NC politics. I remember when he was a state legislator and "vile" is not really too strong a word. Ditto with Kieran Shanahan who is also a McCrory appointee. There are not "Right-Wing" nor "far-Right-Wing", they are "Extreme-Right-Wing".

And McCrory actually fooled some into believing he had a moderate streak.
Oh God help us, or rather God help me, and the other 213 left wing people left in NC.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,123,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I agree with you!

Social issues will not generate new jobs, lower taxes and make our education system any better.
Look at what NC went through the past 4 years. Zilch!
Well, time will tell but the modus operandi of other recently "Republican" states is to go after social conservative issues with a vengeance. I sincerely hope that they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM

43 posts, read 41,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
He's picked the most vile of conservatives. I hope you're all happy.

"BREAKING NEWS: GOV.-ELECT PAT MCCRORY HAS NAMED ART POPE, FINANCIER OF CONSERVATIVE CAUSES, AS HIS DEPUTY BUDGET DIRECTOR. HE ALSO NAMED RALEIGH ATTORNEY KIERAN SHANAHAN AS SECRETARY OF PUBLIC SAFETY."
these are wonderful pics

I am very happy with them

I also love how the Democrats, who caused most of the problems the last several decades, are upset about the pics

even though I am no longer there I will watch this from afar

as the Republicans keep fixing things, the democrats will keep crying

Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,123,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgate Happy View Post
these are wonderful pics

I am very happy with them

I also love how the Democrats, who caused most of the problems the last several decades, are upset about the pics

even though I am no longer there I will watch this from afar

as the Republicans keep fixing things, the democrats will keep crying
fixed things like what exactly?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM

7,067 posts, read 12,323,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
fixed things like what exactly?
Well, we can start with the fact that South Carolina has done a FAR better job at lowering their unemployment rate.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-extbEFsrlS...loyFeb2012.jpg

Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Well, time will tell but the modus operandi of other recently "Republican" states is to go after social conservative issues with a vengeance. I sincerely hope that they don't but I won't be surprised if they do.
Voter ID Law and Fixing our laxed NC Election processes is a great start! Let the Fun begin.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:20 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,148,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Voter ID Law and Fixing our laxed NC Election processes is a great start! Let the Fun begin.

Yeah, because fixing things that aren't broken is such an efficient use of state resources.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:26 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,797,175 times
Quote:
Of course they will. First on the list will be the things Perdue vetoed, such as Voter ID and the Abortion ultrasound (?) bill. How these translate to jobs and growth, let alone "less government intrusion", I'm still waiting to hear.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Yeah, because fixing things that aren't broken is such an efficient use of state resources.
I really thought that spending my tax dollars to fly off with a dozen or more other constitutents to CHINA was a really good use of NC money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina