Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 07:59 AM

272 posts, read 380,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Yousound like a redneck who flies confederate flags who lives in a low density suburb ... Also ignorant...

I'm sure even people from Raleigh, Atlanta and NYC would agree and think your comments are totally off base....

Only an ignorant person says Charlotte is full of rednecks.... You
The truth is the truth...Never said Charlotte sucks, never said I hated Charlotte....just stated the obvious.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
The official flag of the CSA flies over the state capitol every Confederate Memorial Day and Confederate Flag Day in Raleigh.

Geesh, I hate it when folks say that as if Atlanta has done everything wrong and Charlotte has gotten everything right. It's not that cut-and-dried, especially when Charlotte is just as sprawling as Atlanta is (proportionally speaking). That's simply the reality of booming in a post-WWII, autocentric environment and it's the reality for all booming Sunbelt cities. Furthermore, there's nothing wrong with taking cues from places that have done things right. That's how you learn and grow.
OF COURSE it will fly on the Capitol grounds, that's a given. It's one thing to be flown at the Capitol grounds..HISTORIC grounds, but to fly that flag for "pride"...you won't see that in Raleigh..I guarantee you will see it in Charlotte. I'm talking around the city of Raleigh. Ride around Raleigh and tell me where you see confederate flags.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Yeah, I could never live in Charlotte myself because it's so boring culturally in comparison to the Triangle, but to each his or her own.
I agree with you 100%

Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Omg here we go again with the (oh we want to be like Atlanta or NYC) Charlotte is having tons of urban density development and know one wants to be a sprawling region like Atlanta. The only thing that some of us look at nyc for is there mass transit and Charlotte is doing a damn good at building ours out. Hell are we growing SOOO fast and TOO new that it looks like we are copying other cities. No we look At older cities like Atlanta so we don't end up as a congested heart artery. And were never called the new anything but the ( The New South). Oh who the hell cares about barbeque when my partner makes it (New Orleans's style) That's deep South barbeque. I love Charlotte and what's it is doing.
New Orleans needs to stick to the Jambalaya and Gumbo..LOL.Oh yea, heads up.... You misspelled a couple of words genius...LOL..(I'm messin' with ya)

Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahlee boy View Post
The truth is the truth...Never said Charlotte sucks, never said I hated Charlotte....just stated the obvious.

It's not truth, it's a ignorant opinion. That Charlotte is rednecks... Ok...

Raleigh is a great little town. One day, it'll grow up like Charlotte (assuming Raleigh's growth rate Not only Catches up to Charlottes but by a large margin)

In other news: Atlanta is nothing but thugs and Houston is nothing but cowboys and Austin nothing but Mexicans....

Old 06-18-2014, 04:22 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
Yes...Charlotte has too many rednecks.
Charlotte's 2013 population is 792,862; 55% of those folks (436,074) are minorities. Raleigh's 2013 total population is 431,746. Clearly, Charlotte's minority population out-numbers Raleigh's total population.
Quote:
I NEVER see confederate flags fly in Raleigh.
LOL!!!!!!!
Quote:
Charlotte has low density
Big talk for a resident of Sprawleigh. Show us an area like this in your neck of the woods.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:43 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
It's not truth, it's a ignorant opinion. That Charlotte is rednecks... Ok...

Raleigh is a great little town. One day, it'll grow up like Charlotte (assuming Raleigh's growth rate Not only Catches up to Charlottes but by a large margin)

In other news: Atlanta is nothing but thugs and Houston is nothing but cowboys and Austin nothing but Mexicans....
Great little town? Not worth responding to. Charlotte needs a better spokesperson! By the way is there something wrong with Mexicans? Sounds kinda funny coming from a person who come from a place that brags on diversity.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Great little town? Not worth responding to. Charlotte needs a better spokesperson! By the way is there something wrong with Mexicans? Sounds kinda funny coming from a person who come from a place that brags on diversity.

Yeah, Im the gay son of parents from Spain. I love cities and I love different cultures in particular Middle east, Europe & South America. So yeah, I dont hate diversity :/ and I find diversity to be more than "Black, White, Brown, Muslim & Asian"

Last edited by Charlotte485; 06-18-2014 at 06:38 PM..

Old 06-19-2014, 02:41 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
city size isn't a factor, The metropolitan regon is what matters, and Charlotte really isn't "LARGER" than Raleigh...BOTH areas are over 2 million people.
Uhhh, yes it is. City, MSA, or CSA, Charlotte is bigger. Look up the urbanized area stats to really see how bigger Charlotte is by itself.

Old 06-19-2014, 03:46 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,321,599 times
Quote:
city size isn't a factor, The metropolitan regon is what matters, and Charlotte really isn't "LARGER" than Raleigh...BOTH areas are over 2 million people.
Tell me when Raleigh's metropolitan area had over 2 million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina